FDP, FCP, R-ROLL - why the abbreviations????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

    • Feb 2006
    • 7119

    FDP, FCP, R-ROLL - why the abbreviations????

    Originally posted by big_deuce View Post
    Hey guys,
    Im pretty basic when it comes to the speed bag,
    And i see you guys describe different combos, but i cant put the words to a picture. Some of the ways to hit the speed bag are abbreviated, and im alittle confused.
    Can anyone hook me up on what it is some of ya'll are talkin about
    Thanks !

    ex
    4 way out?= what? lol
    Hi Big_Deuce.

    I would apologive for the speed bag technique and combo "abbreviations" which may appear to be confusing, but it is really the only way for us to pass on specific punching/elbow striking techniques and combination information examples. If we did not use abbreviations, the wording would be way too long and complicated. Those of us familiar with The Speed Bag Bible and it's system can more easily pass on ideas and combinations between each other.

    Good luck and welcome to the club. With a little time, you'll be writing combo's yourself!
    Last edited by Speedbag; 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

    • Feb 2006
    • 7119

    #2
    Originally posted by Lilabbott
    In the video production world, there are a number of different terms that may be thrown around to describe the setup filming process. These include: FDP, FCP, and R-Roll. For those who do not know what these three terms mean, we will break down what they signify below.
    The theory and process of writing speed bag combinations is explained here on SpeedBagCentral.com

    https://speedbagcentral.com/speed-ba...ten-exercises/
    Last edited by Tim; 04-17-2022, 10:32 AM. Reason: removed spam link
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment

    • spdyTommyT
      Member

      • Apr 2010
      • 262

      #3
      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

      The theory and process of writing speed bag combinations is explained here on SpeedBagCentral.com

      https://speedbagcentral.com/speed-ba...ten-exercises/
      And yea I hope they read, it’s insulting to me to hear they claim Bible style but can’t give one abbreviation. Sorry no disrespect but AK took his time and sweat to give us this language of punch drumming. Many won’t get because they don’t read.wish I could prayer hand fist bump prayer hands thank you
      The Speed Ball should be in every hall

      Comment

      • Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

        • Feb 2006
        • 7119

        #4
        Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post

        And yea I hope they read, it’s insulting to me to hear they claim Bible style but can’t give one abbreviation. Sorry no disrespect but AK took his time and sweat to give us this language of punch drumming. Many won’t get because they don’t read.wish I could prayer hand fist bump prayer hands thank you
        Thank you Brother for the support. I did spend 8 years of my life creating The Speed Bag Bible system, and the heart of that system is the Names of the Techniques and the Abbreviation system I devised to write combinations of techniques. I have lived long enough to realize many people claim to be "Bible Style Baggers" an actually know very little about the Book or specifics of names and writing combinations. It doesn't really bother me because they may HIT or Punch "Bible Style" which has come to mean (to me) being able to hit the bag "with control" from "all around" (Front, back and sides) with fists and elbows. This includes linking Single or Both fists, and linking from both Front and Reverse Fist Rolling and Elbow Strikes. IF they can do that, I'd say the are hitting "Bible Style", versus "Boxer Style" from mostly the front of the bag. I know many great "Bible Style" baggers - who actually know little to nothing about The content of the Speed Bag Bible. This becomes very apparent when watching them try to teach movements to others. Just because they can DO IT, doesn't mean they understand it or know how to teach it. Some people try to give the movements their own names because they certain don't know mine, especially when it comes to the Elbow Strikes. So I agree they can HIT Bible Style but they can't talk or teach the actual content of the SBB. In the scheme of things, it's all good. If they say they're a Bible Style Bagger they are still promoting the Speed Bag Bible by indirect reference and perhaps who they are talking to will try to actually get it and read it, or watch the video's. Unfortunately with the rise of 10,000 speed bag teaching video's on YouTube, Instagram, Tik-Tok, or wherever, - most people can find all kinds of speed bag lessons for Free. It doesn't really matter if the teacher is knowledgeable or actually proficient. People like "FREE" and if they learn enough to keep themselves busy for a moment, they are satisfied. In this day and time, We live in a "NOW" "this instant" world. Everyone seems to want it all "Right Now", with as little effort as possible,...and Free. I've met my share of "Speed Bag Experts" who are living proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing but perhaps they will come to the Speed Bag Gathering and we can help them empty their cup. But to those who Have read it, used it and found it useful - I Salute You. You're the reason I did it. Keep Punching, Speedy T
        Last edited by Speedbag; 08-12-2023, 09:49 PM.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment

        • spdyTommyT
          Member

          • Apr 2010
          • 262

          #5
          Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

          Thank you Brother for the support. I did spend 8 years of my life creating The Speed Bag Bible system, and the heart of that system is the Names of the Techniques and the Abbreviation system I devised to write combinations of techniques. I have lived long enough to realize many people claim to be "Bible Style Baggers" an actually know very little about the Book or specifics of names and writing combinations. It doesn't really bother me because they may HIT or Punch "Bible Style" which has come to mean (to me) being able to hit the bag "with control" from "all around" (Front, back and sides) with fists and elbows. This includes linking Single or Both fists, and linking from both Front and Reverse Fist Rolling and Elbow Strikes. IF they can do that, I'd say the are hitting "Bible Style", versus "Boxer Style" from mostly the front of the bag. I know many great "Bible Style" baggers - who actually know little to nothing about The content of the Speed Bag Bible. This becomes very apparent when watching them try to teach movements to others. Just because they can DO IT, doesn't mean they understand it or know how to teach it. Some people try to give the movements their own names because they certain don't know mine, especially when it comes to the Elbow Strikes. So I agree they can HIT Bible Style but they can't talk or teach the actual content of the SBB. In the scheme of things, it's all good. If they say they're a Bible Style Bagger they are still promoting the Speed Bag Bible by indirect reference and perhaps who they are talking to will try to actually get it and read it, or watch the video's. Unfortunately with the rise of 10,000 speed bag teaching video's on YouTube, Instagram, Tik-Tok, or wherever, - most people can find all kinds of speed bag lessons for Free. It doesn't really matter if the teacher is knowledgeable or actually proficient. People like "FREE" and if they learn enough to keep themselves busy for a moment, they are satisfied. In this day and time, We live in a "NOW" "this instant" world. Everyone seems to want it all "Right Now", with as little effort as possible,...and Free. I've met my share of "Speed Bag Experts" who are living proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing but perhaps they will come to the Speed Bag Gathering and we can help them empty their cup. But to those who Have read it, used it and found it useful - I Salute You. You're the reason I did it. Keep Punching, Speedy T
          Thank You ALan for all you’ve done, and the things you’ve taught me, Sincerely
          The Speed Ball should be in every hall

          Comment

          • ventanakaz
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 122

            #6
            Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

            Thank you Brother for the support. I did spend 8 years of my life creating The Speed Bag Bible system, and the heart of that system is the Names of the Techniques and the Abbreviation system I devised to write combinations of techniques. I have lived long enough to realize many people claim to be "Bible Style Baggers" an actually know very little about the Book or specifics of names and writing combinations. It doesn't really bother me because they may HIT or Punch "Bible Style" which has come to mean (to me) being able to hit the bag "with control" from "all around" (Front, back and sides) with fists and elbows. This includes linking Single or Both fists, and linking from both Front and Reverse Fist Rolling and Elbow Strikes. IF they can do that, I'd say the are hitting "Bible Style", versus "Boxer Style" from mostly the front of the bag. I know many great "Bible Style" baggers - who actually know little to nothing about The content of the Speed Bag Bible. This becomes very apparent when watching them try to teach movements to others. Just because they can DO IT, doesn't mean they understand it or know how to teach it. Some people try to give the movements their own names because they certain don't know mine, especially when it comes to the Elbow Strikes. So I agree they can HIT Bible Style but they can't talk or teach the actual content of the SBB. In the scheme of things, it's all good. If they say they're a Bible Style Bagger they are still promoting the Speed Bag Bible by indirect reference and perhaps who they are talking to will try to actually get it and read it, or watch the video's. Unfortunately with the rise of 10,000 speed bag teaching video's on YouTube, Instagram, Tik-Tok, or wherever, - most people can find all kinds of speed bag lessons for Free. It doesn't really matter if the teacher is knowledgeable or actually proficient. People like "FREE" and if they learn enough to keep themselves busy for a moment, they are satisfied. In this day and time, We live in a "NOW" "this instant" world. Everyone seems to want it all "Right Now", with as little effort as possible,...and Free. I've met my share of "Speed Bag Experts" who are living proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing but perhaps they will come to the Speed Bag Gathering and we can help them empty their cup. But to those who Have read it, used it and found it useful - I Salute You. You're the reason I did it. Keep Punching, Speedy T
            Well, i guess it's time i buy the book and DVDs, After seeing, Or maybe i should say hearing one of the latest videos from Kevin on Instagram it was music to my ears and all i could think about was which song will that combo go with, it was Punch Drumming music to my ears, Speedbag Where do i go to purchase ???

            Comment

            • Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

              • Feb 2006
              • 7119

              #7
              Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

              Well, i guess it's time i buy the book and DVDs, After seeing, Or maybe i should say hearing one of the latest videos from Kevin on Instagram it was music to my ears and all i could think about was which song will that combo go with, it was Punch Drumming music to my ears, Speedbag Where do i go to purchase ???
              It's all listed here... https://speedbagcentral.com/store/

              ** (BUT - Check your messages first)
              Speed Bag

              Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...


              sigpic

              The Art of the Bag

              Comment

              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...