• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    [QUOTE=speedbag4life;8283]
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Geez, SB, you're usually so gentle on this forum! I never knew you had it in you to sling the guilt so adeptly. Bravo, and oy vey.

I'll get to it... sometime between deconvolving Hubble images and plastering blackboards with formulas. I make it to the speedbag gym only about once every week or two, so this may take a short while. It's not like the old days when I had a platform at home.
    .. 'sorry about that. No guilt slingin' intended, just a little sarcasm to let the crowd know who they're dealing with. You forget, - I've seen you hit years ago. It was very impressive then, and I'm betting you're even better now.

..no mathmatical corrections will be needed when your under the board.

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    "You Beauti".

Much obliged!

I'd really like to see the differences between styles from George Kam's system to the 'SBB'. I'm hoping you might display some of these.
    Last edited by Roc Stone; 06-10-2008, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• speedbag4life
    replied
    [QUOTE=Speedbag;8274]
    Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
    technical limitations...[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me. One with a Ph.D in mathmatics the likes of which can unravel and interpret deep space pictures from the Hubble telescope, (no, they don't use photoshop...), one who can read and understand formulas that cover two blackboards, can't get a video up on youtube?

Geez, SB, you're usually so gentle on this forum! I never knew you had it in you to sling the guilt so adeptly. Bravo, and oy vey.

I'll get to it... sometime between deconvolving Hubble images and plastering blackboards with formulas. I make it to the speedbag gym only about once every week or two, so this may take a short while. It's not like the old days when I had a platform at home.

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    ......the woman of the world (and men too...) need to see a female speed bag master cut loose.
    I'll second that.

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    need to see a female speed bag master cut loose.

Here here.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    [QUOTE=speedbag4life;8267]technical limitations...[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me. One with a Ph.D in mathmatics the likes of which can unravel and interpret deep space pictures from the Hubble telescope, (no, they don't use photoshop...), one who can read and understand formulas that cover two blackboards, can't get a video up on youtube?

there are many inexpensive video cameras available.

the woman of the world (and men too...) need to see a female speed bag master cut loose.

Leave a comment:

• speedbag4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Roc Stone View Post
    All the footage I've taken has been recorded from my mobile phone. As long as I get good lighting it can make a reasonable quality clip.
    Now that's a useful phone. Mine only takes still photos. Tell you what, how's about you and your mobile phone hop on a jet and cross the big blue, to take some video?

Just kidding. Lately my Dad has been interested in seeing me hit, so at some point I'll probably break down and make a video clip.

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    All the footage I've taken has been recorded from my mobile phone. As long as I get good lighting it can make a reasonable quality clip.

Leave a comment:

• speedbag4life
    replied
    ... Dr. Lisa Perrone ... has not yet posted footage that I know of on youtube. (hint, hint....) She is also a member of this forum.
    technical limitations...

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    Hope they got a favourable out come.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    I think Shields was testing to see if the YOuTube exposure would lead to more commercial rentals of the series.
    I wish I had the software back then I have now to download youtube clips. I could have gotten it and edited the opening out to just have the speed bag footage.

too late.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    I think Shields was testing to see if the YOuTube exposure would lead to more commercial rentals of the series.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    ..Anyway Alan, what about your mentor, Roy Schroeder. He looks like a crafty sort of a chap. Is he still about? I'm thinkin of checkin out some of his books.
    Last letter I got from him about 8 years ago was from south florida, where he was loading up his boat to sail out again somewhere. He retired from teaching and sails around the world, with a home port in the bahamas. He was a man of many talents, and would often spend his summers doing salvage scuba work in and around florida with some of his friends. He and I went to Heber Spring ARK several times scuba diving while he was teaching his kids. That was back in the 1970's.

I'd love to see him again, and worry about him sometimes during heavy hurricane season, but I gather he is smart enough to avoid the big winds.

Leave a comment:

• Roc Stone
    replied
    SWELL.Thank you very much guys. That is priceless footage. I got a nice little kick when I heard that Kid Brunnel was an Aussie.

Interesting to see that R(OES) ' L(SSP) done sideways against a wall, it appears slightly easier that way (to learn perhaps). You wouldn't even need to use a swivel, just wack an eye bolt in the wall. In fact the eye bolt and string method appears to have been quite successful in its day, and easy enough to rig, also providing a true rebound. I know what I'll be doing next.

Big shout out to K4moore too . My name is Adam, but you can call me Roc . Just love your grandmothers work, she looks like one cool lady .

Anyway Alan, what about your mentor, Roy Schroeder. He looks like a crafty sort of a chap. Is he still about? I'm thinkin of checkin out some of his books.
    Last edited by Roc Stone; 06-05-2008, 04:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    I was amazed anyone had actually read that far and understood it, so I got the book and he was right, the fist orders were wrong. That was how I first met John Baca.

He's been around the block a few times. Looks like he knows what he's doing. Thank you for sharing that footage.

I don't know if its just me or what, but I'd love to see more video of the opposite sex on the speed bag. Erin (Mrs Skunk) does a good job, but I refered back to Speed Bag Central and notice there appear to several ladies in the special peoples column who appear very capable. I have had discussion with Lori from Prime Fighter on more than one occasion, would dig seeing her in action, and the Kam family look awsome too, along with Dr Perrone. In fact every one of those listed in the special peoples column I'm sure would be awe inspiring to watch on the speed bag.

This brings me to another point. Does anyone know what happened to that 1939 tribute footage of that speed bag Queen of days gone by? Now she was someone to look at.
    I don't know why shields pictures took the footage of Doris DeGreen off youtube. But K4moore (scroll down to bottom) on this forum is her Grandson.

and scroll down this link for the original LIFE Magazine article about her

John Baca has given me permission to post speed bag footage of him on my youtube site. I have a more of him hitting, so I should edit it up and post it. I should probably get clearance from the Congressional Medal of Honor Society, but a letter from him would suffice.

Along with Erin, who is becoming awesome on the bag, there is some pretty good footage of female speed baggers on youtube. Dr. Lisa Perrone is incredible on the bag, (like Baca) but has not yet posted footage that I know of on youtube. (hint, hint....) She is also a member of this forum.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 06-04-2008, 11:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...