Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paranday
    replied
    U-Bolt is like putting training wheels on a sport bike. The shoestring and paracord swivels if anything require more precision than the ball hook swivel. And are easy to make.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ChopperTheDog View Post
    I have a Deville but it’s wearing front and back from going backwards and forwards too much.
    I contacted thrasher through my sons Instagram but it was over $100 including postage to get one back to the UK.
    I’m Guessing Arc are going to be about the same. For now I’ve rotated my deville one and I’ll pay the money for a new one eventually.
    Thanks for the replies guys
    If you're just hitting front to back IE Boxing style can you not just pick up a U-Bolt? Those metal Everlast U's are easy to get, anywhere. And they're very inexpensive too.

Leave a comment:

• ChopperTheDog
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Here is Zaza using a shoestring. It works better fixed in place than I would have guessed. His loop is a bit long though.

Got to try that just out of interest if nothing else, would be quieter as well

Leave a comment:

• ChopperTheDog
    replied
    I have a Deville but it’s wearing front and back from going backwards and forwards too much.
    I contacted thrasher through my sons Instagram but it was over $100 including postage to get one back to the UK.
    I’m Guessing Arc are going to be about the same. For now I’ve rotated my deville one and I’ll pay the money for a new one eventually.
    Thanks for the replies guys

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Here is Zaza using a shoestring. It works better fixed in place than I would have guessed. His loop is a bit long though.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    search this forum for posts from Zaza about using strings instead of a swivel. he made it work.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I did once drilled a hole through my board to use a nylon string for a day. It worked, sort of, but there ended up being more swearing done than baggin'

There ARE ball hook swivels available.

Leave a comment:

• Chappelle4Life
    replied
    A wire would work if you used an old school metal pin w/ 2 dhooks (like a heavy bag) However Getting a ball hook has recently gotten easier with The Thrasher House making them in cool designs. I have also hack jobbed a few different types together if you really don't want to spend much money. (cheapest I could think is a small generic swivel.) I would suggest against wire as it may destroy the bag.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    A wire might do the job but if you want a good ball-hook swivel do yourself a favor and buy an Arc swivel!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by ChopperTheDog View Post
    ... I’m having a bit of a job trying to find a good ball/hook swivel...

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Paracord should work well. Early swivels used rope. I think you will want a free moving small bearing that the paracord passes through and can rotate with. Would be concerned that a short length of paracord would wind up on itself and impact bag movement if it was fixed in place. But that's just a guess. A member of this forum Zaza has used a rope swivel and likes it. My recollection is that the rope is fairly long which will slow down bag movement if that matters to you.

Leave a comment:

• ChopperTheDog
    replied
    Thinking about I suppose it wouldn’t spin

Leave a comment:

• ChopperTheDog
    started a topic Wire for a swivel

Wire for a swivel

Hi, this might be a stupid idea but has anyone ever tried using a piece of wire instead of a swivel. I’m having a bit of a job trying to find a good ball/hook swivel and my dad suggested trying a piece of wire.
    Just wondered if the idea had potential or not.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...