• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grandmasterichikawa
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2009

Trouble saving programs.

Timer works well on my laptop, but I am unable to SAVE any of my 4 timer programs. I have to reprogram it for each session. My desktop saves everything just fine.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hi! Are you using http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer or http://www.speedbagforum.com/timerbeta ?

Tim

Comment

• xxjohnboy
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Aug 2010

Saving my programs

Hi,

I also have this issue of saving programs. For a good amount of time I used Internet Explorer exclusively for the timer because it kept deleting my programs and I would have to keep programming it throughout my workout.

Recently that has stopped working as well and I cannot put the programs back in.

Is there a setting in IE or some other way I can keep my exercises from being deleted?

I have tried all the four main browsers and none of them will save my programs for the next time I come to workout.

Thanks in advance

JB

Comment

• xxjohnboy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2010

Oh yeah, and I am not using the Beta version. I can give that a try and see if that works...

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Do you have any sort of program (such as anti-virus or anti-spyware) that deletes "cookies"? Obviously I'm not saying the timer is a virus, but it does use web browser cookies to save your settings. If you have anything that cleans/removes cookies, or have cookies disabled from the get go, the save won't function.

Hope that helps. I'm not aware of any widespread problems as the timer generally works on the platforms mentioned without problems.

Comment

• xxjohnboy
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Aug 2010

Thanks Tim for the quick jab response!

yeah I do use Avira AntiVir.. As far as I know it doesn't delete cookies as I still have alot of my username and passwords saved... I tried saving the web page seperately to see if that helped but alas, it was to no avail!

I am not really too keen to stop using some sort of antivirus... though avira is nothing special... I could go back and try adaware which is what I used in the old days. I expect that wont make a difference..

I don't like having an excuse not to do workouts... and it is a pretty good excuse even if I do say so myself... Reprogramming it all during the workout is frustrating.. not to mention I am all sweaty and Im sure that is not good for the touch pad on my laptop...

IE doesn't even save it for a small amount of time... I end up losing the default tabata and mma settings from the get go... and I don't know what happened all of a sudden for it to stop working.

I'll mess about and see what I can do... I am welcome to any more ideas if you have them...

Thanks

JB

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

You using Windows? Which version? Also, which version of IE? Is it version 7 or 8 ?

I definitely DO NOT recommend turning off anti-virus. The only recommendation I would have it so to see if it does any sort of cookie mechanism that allows an exception to be specified. Make sure it DOES allow cookies for speedbagforum.com

Comment

• xxjohnboy
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Aug 2010

Hi Tim,

Thanks again for the quick response.. It seems to be working for the moment in Mozilla. I remember trying mozilla with the program a few months ago and the sound wasn't working so I just used IE instead. It seems to work now and it seems to save the programs for the moment. I will see how it works in a day or two after virus checkers have done their thing.

I was on IE7 i think. I purposely held off on upgrading it so that it wouldn't mess with the settings, but it did anyway . I have upgraded it now to the latest version but still the same issue.. I open up the timer file with IE and there are no saved programs, not even the default ones.. It says "None (use save below to add)"

Also I am on Vista.

I tried to find a setting in Avira but it only allows me to make exceptions for files and not web addresses.

Thanks again

JB

Comment

• xxjohnboy
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Aug 2010

Hi Tim!

It appears to be working with Mozilla Firefox! Happy days!! Could I make a request that would make me super happy. You might even get a donation out of me??

That would be to make the timer so that I can program in a complete workout.

For example... In my saved exercises I have Warm Up, Bicycles, Push Ups, Chair Dips, and loads more. About 15 of them in fact, but I only do 2 rounds of each for about 30 or 40 seconds depending on the exercise.
                  If I could set an order for the timer to go through my saved programs, it would mean I could just kick it off and do my workout without having to change the timer all the time.
                  I have been living in the UK where it is nice and cool, but now I live back home in Australia, and I know summer is going to be stinking hot, and I don't want my sweaty hands anywhere near my laptop.

So yeah, not sure the easiest way to program it, but I would say somehow using the existing programs and just allowing it to jump on to the next program without needing to play with the computer. Maybe just a column counting 1 to 50 or whatever, and besides each number is a drop down box showing the programs, and the timer just plays them 1 through to the last workout.

Hope that is not too confusing...

Thanks again!

JB

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by xxjohnboy View Post
                    Hi Tim!

It appears to be working with Mozilla Firefox! Happy days!! Could I make a request that would make me super happy. You might even get a donation out of me??

That would be to make the timer so that I can program in a complete workout.

For example... In my saved exercises I have Warm Up, Bicycles, Push Ups, Chair Dips, and loads more. About 15 of them in fact, but I only do 2 rounds of each for about 30 or 40 seconds depending on the exercise.
                    If I could set an order for the timer to go through my saved programs, it would mean I could just kick it off and do my workout without having to change the timer all the time.
                    I have been living in the UK where it is nice and cool, but now I live back home in Australia, and I know summer is going to be stinking hot, and I don't want my sweaty hands anywhere near my laptop.

So yeah, not sure the easiest way to program it, but I would say somehow using the existing programs and just allowing it to jump on to the next program without needing to play with the computer. Maybe just a column counting 1 to 50 or whatever, and besides each number is a drop down box showing the programs, and the timer just plays them 1 through to the last workout.

Hope that is not too confusing...

Thanks again!

JB
                    Hi JB, glad to hear it's working OK on FireFox.

In regards to the enhancement you are requesting, that has been requested a few times and it will happen eventually. Unfortunately though right now I'm too busy with work to make an addition of that magnitude. Keep checking back often though, it will eventually get done.

Tim

Comment

• Weachla
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Hi!Are you using \
                      Tim
                      can i used this link?
                      Last edited by Tim; 08-30-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post

Hi JB, glad to hear it's working OK on FireFox.

In regards to the enhancement you are requesting, that has been requested a few times and it will happen eventually. Unfortunately though right now I'm too busy with work to make an addition of that magnitude. Keep checking back often though, it will eventually get done.

Tim
                        I don’t know but my I phone stop watch works
                        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...