X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by riqal View Post
    Talk about lopsided. I was just at the Title website looking at their speedbags (not the classic bags). Just take a look at that red 9 x 6. It looks pretty lopsided just looking at it online. But I think I'll go ahead and order one because the suspense is killing me - I have to find out for myself just how good those title bags really are.

Chris, exactly how much did they charge you to restitch the loop?
    I've had several of these Title 9x6 "standard" red bags and have not had a bad one yet. I'll upload a video on youtube. I just edited one the other night - a mix of a song I like on two different bags.

Leave a comment:

• toolboxdiver
    replied
    I have 2 title bags and they are top quality, I have the Title 7 X 10 and the Title 8 X 5. I have a Tuf-Wear 9 X 6 bag that I also use quite a bit

Leave a comment:

• riqal
    replied
    Talk about lopsided. I was just at the Title website looking at their speedbags (not the classic bags). Just take a look at that red 9 x 6. It looks pretty lopsided just looking at it online. But I think I'll go ahead and order one because the suspense is killing me - I have to find out for myself just how good those title bags really are.

Chris, exactly how much did they charge you to restitch the loop?
    Last edited by riqal; 03-20-2008, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris M View Post
    That's the reason I liked Everlast too, but their quality as compared to other quality bags at comparable prices is not there. Now if we could just get Title to make their loops smaller....

I have the gigantic Title 10x12 and the loop was big enough that I could easily put two fingers into the loop. I cut the loop and had it re-stitched by an upholstery shop very inexpensively.
    I also like the short loop on Everlast bags. They always fit on the original Ballhook swivels, too. The newer thicker bag loops on some bags are a royal pain to get on a swivel, due to the loop thickness and the smaller clearance area on the newer "S" hooks. Thankfully, the hook on the Boxing GearĀ® Speed bag Swivel has a larger Hook clearance.

Leave a comment:

• Chris M
    replied
    The loop at the top is very small compared to the Title bags.
    That's the reason I liked Everlast too, but their quality as compared to other quality bags at comparable prices is not there. Now if we could just get Title to make their loops smaller....

I have the gigantic Title 10x12 and the loop was big enough that I could easily put two fingers into the loop. I cut the loop and had it re-stitched by an upholstery shop very inexpensively.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerrod View Post
    Let me make a correction to my previous comment. I actually like the Everlast Professional bag for one reason. The loop at the top is very small compared to the Title bags. I like this because it has a very fast rebound that fits my punching style well. On the other hand, the seams stick out from the side of the bag quite prominently. This doesn't bother me much because it doesn't seem to affect the rebound and I wear the Harbinger training gloves when I am punching. It might bother those who punch bare-fisted. If the prominent seams and the lengthy search for a bag that isn't lopsided doesn't bother you, then the Everlast professional might be for you.
    You are right, the "welt" does stick out on these bags. Years ago they were leather. Now they are plastic, and they did "cut" the edge of the knuckles on us barehanders. I've got permanent scars on the knuckles of my little fingers to prove it - but they will eventually beat down flat. I've got a few with completely flattenend welts.

The harbinger classic lifting glove are still my first choice for speed bag coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Jerrod
    replied
    Correction: Lopsided bag

Let me make a correction to my previous comment. I actually like the Everlast Professional bag for one reason. The loop at the top is very small compared to the Title bags. I like this because it has a very fast rebound that fits my punching style well. On the other hand, the seams stick out from the side of the bag quite prominently. This doesn't bother me much because it doesn't seem to affect the rebound and I wear the Harbinger training gloves when I am punching. It might bother those who punch bare-fisted. If the prominent seams and the lengthy search for a bag that isn't lopsided doesn't bother you, then the Everlast professional might be for you.

Leave a comment:

• Jerrod
    replied
    Lopsided Everlast

I had the same problem with the Everlast 9X6 Professional bag(blue and red). I actually had the sales associate blow up three of them before I found one that wasn't lopsided. I would recommend going with another bag.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    lopsided speed bag

I believe Bag lopsidedness is seldom a "bladder" problem. Normally, I believe they are a fault of leather production, such as some panels being off size, or faulty seam attachments, pulling too much material into the panel connection. My only proof of this is trying to correct lopsided bags by changing bladders, and it never worked. Normally, as you state, the bladder was fine.

I have found that "slightly lopsided" speed bags will punch out eventually, but "really lopsided" speed bags will not completely correct themselves.

There is no definitive line between "slightly" and "really". But I go by this: IF the irregular shape sort of effects the rebounds (occasssionally), but basically you can hit it pretty well, then no big deal.

But if the irregular shape obviously effects the bags rebound action, to the point of making it difficult to control, then who needs the aggravation.

For a beginner, who might be struggling with control at any speed, then ANY degree of lopsidedness will hurt their progress. More experienced users will find that if they hit a slightly lopsided bag a little harder, sometimes it overcomes some of the shape irregularity, as well as help reform the bag.

If I were you, I'd send it back.

Leave a comment:

• Rosemont
    started a topic Lopsided Bag

Lopsided Bag

Got a really lopsided Everlast professional 9x6 bag. Thing is basically unuseable. Anyone know if it will reshape itself over time or did I get a defective one? One side of the bag is flat while the other side is all puffed out. The bladder is installed correctly so I am at a loss.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...