X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    This is what it looks like when a tri-hook print fails.

3D printing is more art than science. I should feel lucky when any of the prints come out good.
    Strange as it may sound, I'd like to see a video of how that happened. I had no idea!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I have been having trouble making tri-hooks for the Arc for the last 3 weeks. I can't say when I can start supplying Arcs again. Could be soon, could be never. I wish I could tell. I keep trying.
    This is what it looks like when a tri-hook print fails.

3D printing is more art than science. I should feel lucky when any of the prints come out good.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    O.K., for me...it's Ball/hook all day!
    I have MANY swivels, of all makes & models. As much as I love the sound of the steel...I always find myself coming back to the trusty Deville!

That said... I love them all for different reasons!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I have been having trouble making tri-hooks for the Arc for the last 3 weeks. I can't say when I can start supplying Arcs again. Could be soon, could be never. I wish I could tell. I keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• morphiusrt
    replied
    Originally posted by speedball708 View Post
    Nothing is better than a vintage everlast ballhook swivel!
    Can you share the wealth please!!

I wish there were more ball hook style options. I bought a Forza one to hold me over till my new Arc one comes.

Leave a comment:

• speedball708
    replied
    Everlast ball hook!!

Nothing is better than a vintage everlast ballhook swivel!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LINCOLN
    replied
    I ought to elucidate that I wasn't hitting full speed for long. The watch was irritating me to an extreme, acting as a burden, in addition to it was cold and I had a loose sweatshirt on which was backing me off.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    I knew this would be a very fast swivel when I first heard of it. They advertise a short 1/2" swivel base, making the pendulum swing shorter and therefore faster than taller swivels. I also like the D-ring instead of a U. Somebody put some thought into that design; nice to see for a change.

One inherent difference in this design versus a ball swivel is the pivot point around which the bag travels. The pivot point on the lightning is the pin holding the D-ring. That looks to be lower than the Arc. The pivot point of my Arc is about 14mm below the drum.

Now that I think about it, I'm curious if the Title is inherently faster than the Arc, or if it comes down to other factors like bagging style and control of the bag.

That "D" Shape is an older model, for I have one like that from 10 or more years ago http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/speedbag_swivels#C

Yes, it fast but your last sentence is correct IMO. Other facters make this swivel a second choice, at least under my board, due to the twist effect of the swivel trying to adapt punches from different sides -and that bag WILL slide down that D when hit directly in line with it. "sliding" is not the same as a rebound at it always alters speed and direction.

Personally I rarely hit Just front to back, facing the widest part of the "D" (or U). They are very fast when hit to the open face, but they falter consistently when the side punches are involved.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaz View Post
    ...The Title lightning fast swivel is the fastest swivel i have....

I knew this would be a very fast swivel when I first heard of it. They advertise a short 1/2" swivel base, making the pendulum swing shorter and therefore faster than taller swivels. I also like the D-ring instead of a U. Somebody put some thought into that design; nice to see for a change.

One inherent difference in this design versus a ball swivel is the pivot point around which the bag travels. The pivot point on the lightning is the pin holding the D-ring. That looks to be lower than the Arc. The pivot point of my Arc is about 14mm below the drum.

Now that I think about it, I'm curious if the Title is inherently faster than the Arc, or if it comes down to other factors like bagging style and control of the bag.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    I currently own 3 swivels: Title lightning fast, Valor Fitness CA-9 and the Arc fuel.

I started with the Valor swivel because it came with my platform. Most of my bags don't fit on it because their loop are too large...

The Title lightning fast swivel is the fastest swivel i have. It's really short and has 2 vertical bearings. But after just 2 months of use, the horizontal bearing opened. The worst part of it is that i can't change it because the bolt that keep the bearing in place is welded

The Arc fuel is my favorite swivel right now. It's really well made. At first, i had to ajust and slow down my speed bagging because you need to be precise with a ball hook, but it forced me to become a better bagger.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I guess I have lots of favorite swivels. Its really hard to pick just one.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    This is my favorite swivel right now

It is a one of a kind, nobody else even dreamed of having a swivel this color!
    Whoa!! Orange you glad I didn't say banana?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    This is my favorite swivel right now

It is a one of a kind, nobody else even dreamed of having a swivel this color!
    Last edited by rdshackleford; 05-01-2019, 05:14 AM. Reason: meh

Leave a comment:

• morphiusrt
    replied
    I'm curious about this statement. Does control of the bag play any part? Because I think the Deluxe Pro is as long or longer than the Arc, making it no faster, inherently. Also, let me know which bag(s) we are talking about.
    Now that I installed the new fuel yesterday I can take that back. I think the defective one skewed my sense of speed because I don't know how long it was messed up for. I wanted to buy the counter but doesn't seem they are available anymore, I'd be interested to test them out.

They are about the same length if not it is really close. I think the fact that the deluxe stays in one direction may make it seem faster as I throw the faster/less accurate punches it continues in that same direction.

The bag I would compare with would have been my medium 7x10 Cleto Reyes. I just bought an xs one too. I only used it for a few minutes when I put the new swivel on.

Leave a comment:

• florian 380
    replied
    i like the sound of the metal ballhooks the most

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...