• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    no lubrication necessary.
    I had to learn that the hard way, I made a real mess of my 1st piece a few times. Sometimes you just want to see what happens.. Sheesh

First mess was of course, WD40

Second was olive oil. lolol Should have just fried some onions with that oil.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 07-20-2019, 04:43 PM.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mydogsparty
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
      I purchased Arc Blaze and Arc Jazz, and got 2 narrow Perlious trihooks...
      A "narrow Perilous trihook"? I didn't know such an item existed!!

I absolutely love hitting the Perilous bag on the Arc swivel (although my buckle on the trihook keeps coming unlocked).

Were there any other speed bags that you hit at the X-event in NJ that you liked as much as the Perilous? Just curious because I think we have similar taste.
      Last edited by Mydogsparty; 07-22-2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Cazbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

I liked the Ali Authentic 8x5 and just ordered it(Bag Boy brought and highly recommended orange bladder upgradei believe). Got a heavy price but what the hey. Another was the Heritage Ringside 5". If it was fatter I would have ordered it too but I will hold off on it for awhile. The Jim Bradley bags were pretty good too.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Mydogsparty View Post
          A "narrow Perilous trihook"? I didn't know such an item existed!!

I absolutely love hitting the Perilous bag on the Arc swivel (although my buckle on the trihook keeps coming unlocked)...
          I only made a few of the "K5P" tri-hooks, gave them all away, except for this one. The Balazs Lazer fits nicely on there too. Maybe I'll make an "M1P" in the future (with tighter tolerance on the clasp and eye-bolt)

p.s. THIS is my favorite swivel. (to be clear, that is not the Arc swivel)
          Last edited by rdshackleford; 07-25-2019, 06:05 AM.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Mydogsparty
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Oct 2018

I only made a few of the "K5P" tri-hooks, gave them all away, except for this one. The Balazs Lazer fits nicely on there too. Maybe I'll make an "M1P" in the future (with tighter tolerance on the clasp and eye-bolt)
            This is my solution to the buckle on the tri-hook coming undone and the tri-hook popping out of the eye-hook slot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I placed one on each of my bags and I have a 7mm wrench handy to loosen or tighten the nut as needed.

The thickest looped bag I own are the Balazs Lazers and Ringside Heritage. I only have to fit the Amazon quicklink triangle once on each bag. It is working for me.
            Last edited by Mydogsparty; 07-30-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Mydogsparty View Post

This is my solution to the buckle on the tri-hook coming undone and the tri-hook popping out of the eye-hook slot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I placed one on each of my bags and I have a 7mm wrench handy to loosen or tighten the nut as needed.

The thickest looped bag I own are the Balazs Lazers and Ringside Heritage. I only have to fit the Amazon quicklink triangle once on each bag. It is working for me.
              Sent you a PM. The clasp coming off the tri-hook has been the biggest problem with it, and I have been trying to improve the design over time. You got K3 tri-hooks and I am up to revision M1 now. I hope the M1 is gonna hold it together for you, without extra hardware.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

p.s. THIS is my favorite swivel. (to be clear, that is not the Arc swivel)
                This is an AMAZING swivel. I regret not walking off with one of them....
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

This is an AMAZING swivel. I regret not walking off with one of them....
                  Would that have been theft, or petty larcony? I can never keep those straight.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Would that have been theft, or petty larceny? I can never keep those straight.
                    I'm not sure. We were in New Jersey.... https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...alties-defense
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

I had to learn that the hard way, I made a real mess of my 1st piece a few times. Sometimes you just want to see what happens.. Sheesh

First mess was of course, WD40

Second was olive oil. lolol Should have just fried some onions with that oil.
                      I've used Delrin bearings on my Zazasliders (camera slider) for years...if you want to clean & "lube" them...use a quick spray of furniture polish and wipe it down. It will make them spin better and will not harm the Delrin. I prefer Lemon Pledge...it's a nice scent!
                      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

@ArcSwivel does not approve or suggest using any lubricants on the Arc swivels. If the ball or base get dirty, you can wipe with a clean soft cloth. If that doesn't work, some water with a mild detergent like dish soap can be used. Please rinse and fully dry the swivel parts before re-installing them on your platform.
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Cazbag
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2018

After speaking with Rusty at the gathering on how the Arc was designed to have little to no play vertically I realized where my "floating" issues were coming from on heavier bags. A very large crater had formed on swivel mount area on my board from using Swivel Tech swivel without washer and the half ball dug in over time.(well that with maybe a few thousand miss hits... maybe) I since then filled in crater with epoxy and smooth it out and floating is no more. That has also nixed any ancient grime from accumulating on the ball and now I rarely if ever have issues with dirty balls!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...