X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
    That's disappointing to hear that about that newer title bag I'm pretty sure I got it coming at me as a b-day gift...
    Also, I didn't mean to knock that bag. I thought it was really nice, very soft leather, looked well made. I would consider it a very thoughtful gift.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I bet the small loop on Title Perilous is a good thing on some swivels. Like one with a narrow u-bolt like the mexican style swivels.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    New title per bag

That's disappointing to hear that about that newer title bag I'm pretty sure I got it coming at me as a b-day gift. I recently got the x-small atomic and it is a bit lopsided as well as the loop is sewn off center making the rebound a little too unpredictable. I guess it will improve my game with other bags...

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Regarding the ARC;

The thickest meatiest loops on any bags I have are the Ringside heritage loops. Thicker and wider than the cletos. I used a little petroleum jelly and the heritage bags now slip on somewhat nicely. Happy boy

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied

To be fair, all of us at SB9 had lots of beer by the time we scrutinized this bag.

tiny, tiny loop

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    The Title Platinum Perilous has a very narrow loop. Somebody brought one to SB9 and people were commenting about how narrow it was.

Does the narrow loop slide down to one corner of the tri-hook? That may cause it to bounce funny.
    Personally, I did not notice that on the Platinum Perilous. I didn't particular care for the shape of the bag, but I didn't notice it sliding on the swivel. But then again, I didn't hit it long and Hard. would be great to get G-Town (Louis) and Matt's viewpoint on that. I think they got after it on the ARC.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    The Title Platinum Perilous has a very narrow loop. Somebody brought one to SB9 and people were commenting about how narrow it was.

Does the narrow loop slide down to one corner of the tri-hook? That may cause it to bounce funny.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Yeah I wasn't blaming the swivel, it just made it apparent that the bag is the culprit when it does the exact same thing on both swivels. I just got a Title Perilous 5x8 and it is the most jumpy, irregular bouncing bag I have ever hit on. The 6x9 was similar but no where near as bad, but a bladder change fixed it. The Perilous bags do not have the circular glue down inside and are glued to the inner bag in a random sloppy way.

Getting ready to hit on some new bags on your swivel. I'm trying to find it's bag mate. For the Deville, I loved to hit on the Title Ali Authentic Leather 5x8 or 6x9. Looking for the Arcs new soulmate.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    I can't speak of the Deville because I don't have one. But my experience has been that many factors add up to produce an irregular rebound from a bag. A worn or poorly designed swivel can do it, an out of balance bag can do it, etc.

With the precision movement and wide arc of the Arc swivel, it is more likely an out of balance bag will become apparent. One quick thing to try is reverse the direction of the bag as you put the loop into the tri-hook. I find this improves some bags.
    I'd vote for an irregular, mishaped or out of balance bag. If a swivel hits perfect on a few bags why would its function change with any "other" bag. IMO, it has to be an issue with the bag that is actually warping the rebound. For a test, take that same bag on hit on a bunch of other swivels and see if you get the same issues.

again, just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    ...The bags that on the Deville hit irregular do the same on the Arc...
    I can't speak of the Deville because I don't have one. But my experience has been that many factors add up to produce an irregular rebound from a bag. A worn or poorly designed swivel can do it, an out of balance bag can do it, etc.

With the precision movement and wide arc of the Arc swivel, it is more likely an out of balance bag will become apparent. One quick thing to try is reverse the direction of the bag as you put the loop into the tri-hook. I find this improves some bags.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    I finally installed and used your swivel. I just don't like taking out and reinstalling the screws since each time the hole weakens.

Great swivel! On my setup it is a tad faster than the Deville. So far every bag I have tried fit on the tri-hook. My Ali Authentic leather though just barely will fit with its very short loop. It responds to my bags pretty much the same way as the Deville. The bags that on the Deville hit irregular do the same on the Arc. On some of my faster, bouncier bags, the added speed threw me off at first until I regained control by hitting softer. Well since I do not like to remove swivels, this is gonna be my swivel for a while until I get off my butt and modify my platform by drilling all the way through the board and installing bolts.

I will have to drill out one of the holes a bit larger as the bolt holes line up perfectly with the Deville except one that is a mm or so off.

I hit for around two hours on it today, trying out different bags and I am really happy with it. If I ever get off my butt and sell my townhouse so I can get a house I can finally setup my ultimate speed bag room. My dream setup is to have 3 platforms, 1 ball hook, one chain link, and one U-bolt and then a vertical board too. I do miss using a U-bolt and just doing a boxing triplet, as I found for myself that I am faster in that style with a U-bolt or chain link.

Thanks again!

For those wondering what bags fit here is what I tired.

Title Ali Authentic Leather
    Everlast 4204
    Leone
    Title Gyro
    Cleto Reyes
    Paffen Sport
    Everlast Elite Roo

Bags with long loops fit easily, those with shorter loops will with a bit of finesse and turning the bag sideways.

I will post if I find a bag that does not fit, but the Ali Authentic leather is a real pain to get on and off.

One more thing, the Deville is showing a lot of wear on the outside, but inside the lip that holds the ball in is in great shape! So the wear on the outside is not yet affecting the inner lip and she has plenty of life left in her.
    Last edited by jaja6009; 09-16-2018, 06:22 PM. Reason: Added

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Yes, I have been getting buys from non forum members. I am trying my best to steer them to the forum for more information about the Arc before buying it. Ball hooks are not for everyone (hard to believe, I know)

I can set one aside for you until you order. What color where you thinking?

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Have you been getting buys from non forum members? I am gonna get another one. I want plenty of backup swivels. Ever since I read how a members Deville swivel finally broke by the ball popping out I want to make sure that I have plenty of backups. My Deville has some serious wear on it, and I have no idea how long its gonna last.

This is a great time for swivels with 2 members right now making awesome ball hooks.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    A new eBay for Charity listing is here:

#ArcSwivel

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    #ArcSwivel

I took down the previous eBay link for a short time. A new auction link will be available soon!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...