• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by JoMan View Post
    wow this is amazing!!!

I will be ordering at least 1...

Thank you for contributing to this incredible hobby that we do! =o)
    Do you have the eBay link? These forum threads get kind of long, so here is the link again, for everyone. All colors in stock.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• JoMan
    replied
    wow this is amazing!!!

I will be ordering at least 1...

Thank you for contributing to this incredible hobby that we do! =o)

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I received a question about using larger mounting screws that my stock #10 screws, so I wanted to test the modification first and share the results with the group.

The question was would it damage the Arc swivel if you drill the holes wider to accept 1/4" lag screws. The answer is no, there will be no damage, and the strength of the swivel base is not compromised by the modification.

It is very easy to do. I used a simple hand drill and a 1/4" twist drill bit to ream the holes wider. You should, however, use 1/4" washers between the lag screws and the plastic. Make sure the holes are wide enough so the screws can be fit through by hand easily like this:

Then just mount the swivel, done.

Just for fun, I wanted to share some pics of my static load testing on this mod.

In the last pic, you see the result of a 340 lb static load. The swivel held fine, but the Everlast s-hook began to bend. This Arc Gamma is a real hulk!

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Today I am printing Arc Gamma bases.

Don't make me angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    In case anyone is wondering, can the Arc swivel handle the big bags too? Yes it can!

Does anybody remember what it means to "be on the jazz!" ?

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Another good place to get info, news, and discussion about my Arc swivel is the Facebook group called "Speed Bag Annual Gathering".

SPEED BAG ANNUAL GATHERING 2022 will be July 7th-July 10th, 2022 at Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ.

-Rusty
    FYI, I posted a link to an eBay listing on the the Facebook Speed Bag Annual Gathering group page. You can use that link to purchase an Arc swivel in any of the colors. It became too time consuming for me to create a new eBay listing specific for each purchaser. Also, there is a limit to how many free listing I can get from eBay.

About the next color, somebody ordered a custom color, and I want to give them a chance to use it and post pics/vids to the group before I announce it (or if I announce it, not sure yet).

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Actually, an new color option may be a ways off. Don't hold your breath, my bad.

-Rusty
    Just for fun, what would the other color have been?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I hope to have a new Arc color to announce here soon. Fingers crossed.
    Actually, an new color option may be a ways off. Don't hold your breath, my bad.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Another good place to get info, news, and discussion about my Arc swivel is the Facebook group called "Speed Bag Annual Gathering".

SPEED BAG ANNUAL GATHERING 2022 will be July 7th-July 10th, 2022 at Real Gymm in Keyport, NJ.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I have been getting queries (and orders!, thank you all!) with questions about which colors are available.

At this point, I keep a small number of each color in stock, and produce more as needed. So, no worries about which color might or might not be in stock, just contact me or order with the eBay link.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I hope to have a new Arc color to announce here soon. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Rusty, in case you were wondering, Cleto's ARE compatible with the ARC. Very happy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BagBoy; 08-04-2018, 08:13 PM. Reason: added pic

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    You still like to smoke bags?
    Yes sir, whenever I can get the papers.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    I like Red because it matches the flames coming off this sucker.....
    You still like to smoke bags?

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Arrived today, much earlier than I anticipated! So its fast, and it's Fast!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BagBoy; 08-03-2018, 09:32 PM. Reason: added picture

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...