Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rdshackleford
    replied
    In case anyone is waiting for news about #ArcSwivel production...

I am currently building some equipment that should allow me to produce higher quality nylon Tri-Hooks for less cost. After I get the production setup in place and produce a few prototypes, I will do some stress testing on the parts. Then we will see...

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I have the CAD design for the smaller hooks done, and I printed a few prototypes. The size and fit looks good. But I still have to put the new design Tri-Hook through strength and failure testing. First I have to get some quality raw material up and printing. Then I can do quality and failure testing. And if it passes the quality tests, I can start up production again. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Brettclimb
    replied
    How did the smaller hooks end up working out?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Thanks, dad. Good feedback like this is very nice to read. If you discover any negatives, those comments are welcome too. I always want to improve upon my design and get the best version of it out there to all the baggers.

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Thank You

Received my new ARC swivel yesterday three days early. Installed it right away. Could say it is
    “really smooth” or that it is “really quiet” (just bag) even better “I can’t believe the speed” But that wouldn’t really describe it. So let’s just go with
    “WOW”

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Sorry for my unintended tone. I really was trying to answer your “why” question above, and finally found the time. Please re-read it that way. I am so very grateful to all my buyers and supporters of my dog rescue, you among them!

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    First of all, are any Arc swivels in use today not pristine? If so, I would like to know about it and figure out if there are design defects. The oldest ones are only 6 months in the field, and I had hoped the important parts would stay pristine longer.

Secondly, I ran out of some of the raw components to make more swivels, and I'm not sure the demand is there to justify buying more of them yet. I would need to front about $200 in materials, and then incur a costs for each one purchased because I donate 100% of the purchase price to my charity.

The way the math works out, if I would only sell a handful more Arcs, it would be better for my charity if I just donate my front money and be done with it.

I am keeping a list of people who express interest in getting an Arc, and if it makes sense to go back into production, I will. There are no tricks or monkey business going on here, it is all about the puppies.
    Almost sounds like you're scolding me

What you say makes perfect sense. Simple math, supply, demand..

The two I have are in perfect condition and on two separate platforms in two separate houses. The third would just be as I said, a backup. That's all I meant.

Edit; I will add that I added a photo album of my bag-room AKA BagBarn a few nights ago and you'll clearly see the arc fuel in a few pictures.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 01-05-2019, 09:30 PM. Reason: photo album

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    First of all, are any Arc swivels in use today not pristine? If so, I would like to know about it and figure out if there are design defects. The oldest ones are only 6 months in the field, and I had hoped the important parts would stay pristine longer.

Secondly, I ran out of some of the raw components to make more swivels, and I'm not sure the demand is there to justify buying more of them yet. I would need to front about $200 in materials, and then incur a costs for each one purchased because I donate 100% of the purchase price to my charity.

The way the math works out, if I would only sell a handful more Arcs, it would be better for my charity if I just donate my front money and be done with it.

I am keeping a list of people who express interest in getting an Arc, and if it makes sense to go back into production, I will. There are no tricks or monkey business going on here, it is all about the puppies.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    So.. if one wanted to purchase a backup swivel to keep pristine in the box should it ever be needed, that person would just PM you and do things the paypal way?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I did take down the eBay listing for the Arc.
    Why?

Happy New Year btw

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I did take down the eBay listing for the Arc.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Due to some technical problems with my fabrication equipment, I may have to suspend sales of the Arc swivel very soon. Just wanted to give some fair warning, in case somebody really really really wanted one but for some reason didn't pull the trigger on buying it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    BTW, Zaza, what are those 4 giant holes on your platform for? World's Biggest Baddest Bag and swivel?
    Ha, Ha! No.. those are the bolts that hold the platform to the arms.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    BTW, Zaza, what are those 4 giant holes on your platform for? World's Biggest Baddest Bag and swivel?

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...