Shorting of a Loop=A faster bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorting of a Loop=A faster bag

Here I shortened the loop on this bag, The loop was much longer, What a difference. Like night and day, The bag feels great now, I have a few more bags to do this to. Shortening this loop makes it feel kinda like the bumble bee bag

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

hey ralph do u have a loop left ? if u would put a regulare loop on the red ringside i would buy it

Comment

u can send it to U.S address if u dont want to ship international or we can meet im in cali maybe september - october

Comment

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
        hey ralph do u have a loop left ? if u would put a regulare loop on the red ringside i would buy it
        ...My red ringside doesn't need a loop change, I shortened it up as much as possible, I could take a few close up pics for you and post them here if you want ?

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
          ...My red ringside doesn't need a loop change, I shortened it up as much as possible, I could take a few close up pics for you and post them here if you want ?
          Awesome. I have always been amazed at how much faster a bag is with a short loop....just long enough for the hook to go through.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
            u can send it to U.S address if u dont want to ship international or we can meet im in cali maybe september - october
            Hey florian 380, I posted more pics of the red ringside bag over in the (play it again) section of this forum.

Comment

Another bag I shortened the loop on, My new Golden Gloves bag, Now that I shortened up the loop on this bag it's just about as fast as the Heritage bag, But it feels a lot more solid. You can see the difference between the two pics

Comment

My 9" RevGear bag, With a shorter loop, Gonna shorten loops on a few more of my bags :-)

Comment

Shortened the loop on this Vintage Sears bag, Feels way better.

Comment

Here's another, (FightingSports) speed bag. This one came out ridiculously short, But boy what an Improvement

Comment

How do you shorten the loop?

Are you unstitching 1 side and re-stitching it?!?

Comment

shortening the strap

You finally got to me. I saw all of your pics of the shortened straps and finally got motivated. Ordered rivets and chicago screws and attacked my revgear. Took me about ten minutes after a you tube video of how to remove an already installed rivet. It truely does speed up the bag. I didn't think I would notice a difference but I did. You were so right. Now I have about thirty five more bags to modify. Guess I know what I will be doing in my winter downtime.

Comment

shorten the strap

I removed one side rivet and the punched a new hole where I wanted it and re riveted it. On some bags it will also take ripping out the stitching if used. The revgear had both stitching and a rivet. Use a small seam ripper for the stitching and you wont damage the strap. Happy shortening.

Comment

shortening the strap

Thanks Ralph...I have done four of my bags now and see marked improvement in both speed and rebound. No more twisting of the bag on those slightly off center hits. My peanut Lonsdale went from being an ok bag to a great bag. Really looking forward to see what some of my others do after the mod. It will become my winter project. Anyway thanks again for the motivation.

Comment

Shortening the strap

Did both my Lonsdale bags. The big one is now a treat to hit. The small one is super. I ordered a clamp for the chicago screws and a carbide bit to drill through the Kevlar reinforcing on some of the straps. Looking forward to making nice clean holes in the kevlar fabric. I completely redid my Hatton. The tongue was in upside down and the strap was lariat length. The bladder would have gone soon with the rough part of the tongue rubbing on it. The winter project is just getting started..Gues I will have to post some before and afters too.

Comment

Working...
                              X