Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Largest sized speed bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Largest sized speed bag

    Newbie inquire. I am looking for the largest sized speed bag available. I would like to develop some strength and power first before working speed. I found a 10x12 Title bag. Anyone have info for anything larger?. Or would the 10x12 be a good choice? I have found the Forum most helpful in my quest for baggin ( as it is called here and I find everyone here very knowledgeable!). Thank you for any directive

  • #2
    The big blue Title 10x12 has a few fans on here. I am one. I love the big dumb thing. Punching it reminds me of the hippity-hop I had as a child.

    But I'm wondering if its too slow for a newbie? Also be careful what you get is not too big for your platform. I modified the loop on my big blue, and it just barely fits on a 24" platform.

    -rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      The big blue Title 10x12 has a few fans on here. I am one. I love the big dumb thing. Punching it reminds me of the hippity-hop I had as a child.

      But I'm wondering if its too slow for a newbie? Also be careful what you get is not too big for your platform. I modified the loop on my big blue, and it just barely fits on a 24" platform.

      -rusty
      Thanks Shack for your tips. The Big Blue may just be my choice too. I now recall seeing your post about modifying your Big Blue. Wasn't it you had a shoe cobbler run a stitch across the loop? There is so much information I have read on the Forum, it is sometimes difficult to remember just where I read stuff . I hit topics here at random

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, that was this post http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...4&postcount=20
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
          Yes. That is the post that convinced me to go BIG for a speed bag just starting out. All righty now. Time to go to Amazon and get a Big Blue.....
          Last edited by REB; 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey, I just said I like the bag. I have no idea what is best for beginners. And I've tried to teach 3 or 4 people so far without much luck. But if you do get the big blue, don't expect it to be the end all be-all of speed bags. Just your first. To me, they are like Michael Bolton songs. I sort of like them all, I guess.

            -Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
              Hey, I just said I like the bag. I have no idea what is best for beginners. And I've tried to teach 3 or 4 people so far without much luck. But if you do get the big blue, don't expect it to be the end all be-all of speed bags. Just your first. To me, they are like Michael Bolton songs. I sort of like them all, I guess.

              -Rusty
              Not to worry... I will not blame ya if it is a bust for me. However, I am of a mind already, that it will be a positive outcome I find ways to make things work for me... I will find good in Big Blue

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by REB View Post
                Not to worry... I will not blame ya if it is a bust for me. However, I am of a mind already, that it will be a positive outcome I find ways to make things work for me... I will find good in Big Blue
                Anyway, I will be adding smaller and smaller sized bags as I become more proficient in the art...

                I do take everyone on the Forum, their advice and experiences quite seriously

                Comment


                • #9
                  Rusty,
                  What is the PSI you keep in your Big Blue? Thank you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by REB View Post
                    Rusty,
                    What is the PSI you keep in your Big Blue? Thank you
                    I purchased a ball air pump with a gauge today . I put in 6 lb. It feels about right. Any input?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by REB View Post
                      I purchased a ball air pump with a gauge today . I put in 6 lb. It feels about right. Any input?
                      This thread has some info...

                      http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6953
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
                        Thank you for the link.. I bookmarked it. good bladder removal info too

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The only outfit that I'm aware of currently making really big bags is Genesport in Quebec. Take a gander at these http://www.genesport.net/store/Out/index.htm

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I love those big bags! I can feel the power in em .... I highly appreciate the link. They also have swivels I have yet to see any where else online...
                            Last edited by REB; 02-01-2017, 08:21 PM.

                            Comment

                            Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...
                            X