Odd Ringside bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Ringside bag

Can you notice something different about this bag ?
    Last edited by ventanakaz; 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM.

Judging by the buckle, I think it came over on the Mayflower. lol.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Oh geez I remember these. This was an attempt to control the speed of the bag. The longer the loop, the slower the bag. As the student progresses, you can shorten loop making the bag react quicker. Obviously they didn't sell a whole lot of these, but you have to give them credit for trying something different

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Oh geez I remember these. This was an attempt to control the speed of the bag. The longer the loop, the slower the bag. As the student progresses, you can shorten loop making the bag react quicker. Obviously they didn't sell a whole lot of these, but you have to give them credit for trying something different
        Wow is that really true Dutchman, My thought was that someone did a really good job of adding a belt buckle, The belt was really long, it ran three quarters of the way down the bag, I had to cut a lot off, Maybe I should have took a picture, Before and after cut of the belt, This is my first ringside of this kind, Do you know when they started to make these and when they stopped, I'm speaking of these red bags in general and not just the belt buckle bags, If I recall Alan used to hitt on these and I think he said he liked them, it sure is a banana type bag and very light.

Comment

As I recall they were only in the catalog for maybe about a year, and it would have been in the late 80's early 90's. They apparently didn't sell well and went on clearance not too long after they were introduced. I may have some of the catalogs from that era, but I can't get to them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            As I recall they were only in the catalog for maybe about a year, and it would have been in the late 80's early 90's. They apparently didn't sell well and went on clearance not too long after they were introduced. I may have some of the catalogs from that era, but I can't get to them right now.
            ...Have you hit on the ones with the regular loop ?

Comment

Afraid not, stopped accumulating bags during that period of time. My son was born in '89 and my availability to do things was sharply altered.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...
              X