Skype at the Speed Bag Gathering !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype at the Speed Bag Gathering !

I have an idea, since there will be many big hitters at the Speed Bag Gathering with smart phones, why don't we set something up so there can be some one on one facetalk with other people that can't go. There can be some communication with questions and answers and showing the technique of a certain combo to person or persons on the other end, I think this would be a big jump for spreading the word of speed bag. Let's give this a try, What are your thoughts about this tech guys and gals. I feel this could be big...ralph

Hey Ralph, great idea.

Anyone with an iPhone or iPad will need to be on WIFi in order to use FaceTime or Skype. If WIFi is not used, it will still work, but the transmission of data will be charged against the person's monthly data. It won't take long to run through a monthly allotment of data in a session or two, depending on how long the connection lasts. Of course, if folks on both ends of the session have unlimited data, then it's not a problem. I'm pretty sure the same holds true for users of Android and other devices. I've been out of the tech game for a couple of years, so I can't be 100% sure.

I don't know if Donnie has WiFi in his new facility. Maybe some folks who were there last year can confirm.

EDIT: something I didn't consider earlier, was the quality of the video that is being transferred. If HD video quality is pushed through, the amount of data obviously will be more. HD quality video will most likely be in the 1.25GB/hr range. So if someone has 5GB/month data plan, all data would be exhausted after 4 hrs of HD Skype or FaceTime sessions if NOT using WiFi.
    Last edited by Biff; 07-05-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post

I don't know if Donnie has WiFi in his new facility. Maybe some folks who were there last year can confirm.
      Real Gymm does have WiFi...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Real Gymm does have WiFi...
        Well I guess using up your data is not an issue! Good to know.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...
        X