Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Garage sale find

Click image for larger version

Name:	Speed bag.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	93577

A friend picked this up at a garage sale over the weekend for $1.00. Can anyone tell me about how old this is and is the swivel a good one? The bladder is junk but the bag is soft. Thank you.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Great find! Someone else will chime in on the age...but I have one of those swivels and love it. $1.00...great find! (I'd bet you could get $40 easy for the swivel on eBay...maybe more). Take your friend out to dinner! :-)
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by swfl View Post
      [ATTACH]3815[/ATTACH]

A friend picked this up at a garage sale over the weekend for $1.00. Can anyone tell me about how old this is and is the swivel a good one? The bladder is junk but the bag is soft. Thank you.
      Judging by that box cover and the Red 4214, I'd guess around the 1970's or 80's. I think Everlast also changed the "S" hook size and shape later in the 1990's and this appears to be earlier than that.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...