X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allentown
    • Oct 2010

Links Bad Boy Speed Bag

Has anyone tried this bag? What are the reviews?
  • Jake
    • Mar 2011

Is that a patch sewn on the bag??? Maybe I'm missing something, but sewing a patch on a bag, especially near the belly, seems down right dumb.

I don't like the patches on any of my Title bags, or my FS.

That's not to say I don't love my Title and FS bags. It's just the thought of someone taking the time to make a patch and sew it on. Why? Maybe because the printing will wear off over time?

Putting a hard patch on only one panel on the bag has to make that panel rebound at least a little different than the other panels. When your knuckles strike right next to or partially on a patch, this has to effect the way that panel flexes when you strike it. It can't help balance the bag. It's not opposite the lace side. Again, maybe I'm missing something, but this just sounds like common sense.
    Last edited by Jake; 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Jake View Post

I don't like the patches on any of my Title bags, or my FS.
      ... me neither...I just carefully cut the stitching and remove the patch. Besides, they kill my hands in this cold weather!
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

I also remove the patch as soon as I get a new bag. I love Title bags, but this is one thing I wish they would correct.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          I also remove the patch as soon as I get a new bag. I love Title bags, but this is one thing I wish they would correct.
          ...or just put it up higher toward the bag loop. No need to have it in the striking area.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            ...or just put it up higher toward the bag loop. No need to have it in the striking area.
            You have contacts at Title, right? Let 'em know, maybe it'll get done.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...