X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

A short follow up. I put a glass back on my platform and filled it up to where there was surface tension across the top of the glass. Normal and fast punching using a Promex 8x5 would cause some ripples but it would not break the surface tension. Only when I really pounded the bag did just a little come over the top.

fedora

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
      • Apr 2011

So, put my old everlast platform up and attempted a video of the water vibration test with different weight on top.(While the people upstairs were out.) Does anyone know how to post it? It says I'm missing a security token? Its a larrge Mv4 file. about 3 min long I went to manage attachments and chose the file on my computer and hot upload, that when after it attempts to upload for about 5 min, gets the meassage about a security token.

Heres the message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

-Anthony
      Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-04-2013, 11:24 PM.
      -Anthony

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Dee, I was a little disappointed I didn't see you take the plunge in that video.

No snow? No ice on the water?
        Phht. Around here, the polar bear clubs have to drill through the ice just to have someplace to jump into. And, it's well below freezing to boot.

I only tried it once about 40 years ago. Haven't come close since.

Very nice of Raul to offer pizza to the participants. Great PR.

Waiting on your water glass video........

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
          • Apr 2011

Ms Deville,

Just watched to Polar club video. A traveling wood fired pizza oven, what an awesome invention!!!! Are you selling stock in that business?
          -Anthony

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Antny72 View Post
            So, put my old everlast platform up and attempted a video of the water vibration test with different weight on top.(While the people upstairs were out.) Does anyone know how to post it? It says I'm missing a security token? Its a larrge Mv4 file. about 3 min long I went to manage attachments and chose the file on my computer and hot upload, that when after it attempts to upload for about 5 min, gets the meassage about a security token.

Heres the message:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
            It's best to upload it to YouTube...then embed it or link to it here.
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
              • Apr 2011

Speedbag Platform Water Vibration Test

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              It's best to upload it to YouTube...then embed it or link to it here.
              Thanks ZAZA, I think It will work now.

Ok so here is a test video of the Water Vibration Test on a Everlast platform mounted to 2- 2x8's only, the platform does not also go through to the studs, but the 2x8's are mounted to 4 different studs(Not sure of the condition of the studs but the house is quite old), the swivel used is a Jim Bradley swivel, with a Cleto Reyes 8x5. I mentioned in the video to use a dark background but realized that it may be clearer with a light background. Also I used double sided velcro to hold the glass in place.

-Anthony

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Embeded it for you here!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bag-A-Holic View Post
                  Ms Deville,

Just watched to Polar club video. A traveling wood fired pizza oven, what an awesome invention!!!! Are you selling stock in that business?
                  Selling stock? Ha! No, not yet, anyway. My partner, Raul, is like the Eveready Energizer Bunny – he never rests. He builds wood-fired pizza ovens for food vendors, and a few months ago had this crazy idea of putting one on the back of this electric truck. Cute, ain't it! He even put a bigger motor in it to go faster. He's my Jack of all trades.

Sorry to disappoint you, Biff. I should put the New Year's plunge on my Bucket List. brrrrrrr

So, I FINALLY got my video done. I did this vibration test on the platform that's inside the garage. It's the one that Raul designed and built.

I'm not whaling on the bag, but I hope this test is adequate:

I tried the water test on my custom speed bag platform — the "DEVILLE X-15." I wanted to see how much it would vibrate when punching. I also wanted to see if...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Embeded it for you here!
                    EXCELLENT CATCH. You're living proof of how speed bagging can hone our eye-hand coordination and reflexes.

You have quite an array of bags. I went to your profile page and looked at all your photos. You really are a bagaholic!!

Looks like you're an animal lover, too. Love the pooch!
                    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      I did this vibration test on the platform that's inside the garage. It's the one that Raul designed and built.

I tried the water test on my custom speed bag platform — the "DEVILLE X-15." I wanted to see how much it would vibrate when punching. I also wanted to see if...

Ms. Deville and Raul-WOW, thats a brilliant design for a platform, and IMO, from the info I gathered here on the forum, what one should look like. You should, if you haven't already, patent that design, and mass produce. Maybe design an adjustable model too, with the same metal outer ring concept. Ken k spoke about this in a thread labeled "sweet spot". That it would we ideal and benificial, both for rebound and too minimize vibration, to have added weight around the outer edge of the platform, where the belly of the bag would actually hit. Too my amazement, all the designs are either just the center(A frame), or just two bars, 1 on the top left and right side. Leaving the top front and back with no support at all, which I think causes the vibration.

In addition, your demonstration of your design, clearly shows how well this concept really works!!

Because I don't have the metal/welding skills required to just make an outer ring, I ordered a 1/4 inch steel plate to glue to the top of a 24x24x6 Butcher Block, in hopes this will, 1) reinforce the End Grain Butcher Block, and 2) Put that "Sweet Spot" in all areas of the board, increasing rebound and hopefuly ultimately eliminate any noise/vibration. I will post pics/video in about 3-4 weeks when the Butcher Block arrives.

I also recently bought an A frame design platform with a 30 inch diameter and 1 3/4 thick drum, where there was no support on any of the outer edges. It shoke uncontrollably. I'm not 100% sure if I mounted it properly, or maybe it was a fluke, but I only had this for a day, and it was returned. It would be great if others with an A frame design, could demonstrate it, using the Water Vibration Test too see.

-Anthony
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM.
                      -Anthony

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

^^^ Yes... yes you are!

Yes… Yes, I am. And I'm not afraid to admit it!

My name is Dee. And I am a speed bag geek.

Comment

• Zaza
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Yes… Yes, I am. And I'm not afraid to admit it!

My name is Dee. And I am a speed bag geek.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...