Introducing The DEVILLE Swivel (aka "A-51")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTRYDER
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

Yeah it's a Title Black 6x9. Don't be deceived by the wall. It's just wood paneling over studs... Thanks again for the swivel.
    Last edited by GTRYDER; 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GTRYDER97

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Maple Leaf View Post
      The swivel I ordered arrived today... It's beautiful!

Thanks MsD for a wonderful product.
      Thanks, Maple Leaf.

Originally posted by GTRYDER View Post
      Yeah it's a Title Black 6x9. Don't be deceived by the wall. It's just wood paneling over studs... Thanks again for the swivel.
      Thanks for purchasing one.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Hi Dee!!!! Hey everyone! This is a copy of the email I sent to Dee about her Swiv! It's a great Swiv!!!
        Dee! Thanks!!!!!
        BAG ON!!!!
        Anyhow... I switched out an older all metal book hook swiv... maybe it too needed some lotion..
        but regardless... yours is great!
        I didn't use the muffler...or the tie... I enjoy the sound ... I like the metallic clinking and all that... but the muffler
        is a great! idea!!
        I put up a Fighting 5x8... which I always thought was a little on the slower side even though it feels great... but it got way faster!
        I will try to get a vid up soon!!
        Great job.... ! and your packaging is great! I love the little note you include...it reads more personal than that of a corporation...
        Killer!
        Thanks!
        B

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          I put up a Fighting 5x8... which I always thought was a little on the slower side even though it feels great... but it got way faster!
          I just swallowed my gum. These were my exact words in a private email to Dee about my 5x8 bag on her swivel:

"I wonder, because the Fighting Sports bag I have always has had a good
          feel, but was a bit slow. No longer, now that bag flies."

How strange is that, Mr. Pop? Do you live in a mirror? Is there an echo in this room?
          Last edited by paranday; 02-19-2012, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

Ms D I'm sorry to hear that you too are a victim of a "reduction in force". I hope you'll have better luck than I have had. I'm in my eighteenth month of UI . Sent out over a dozen applications/resumes in the last week, pretty much what I've been doing since I was laid off. The media tells us that things are improving, personally I don't see it............

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
              At the end of my work day on Wednesday, my boss called me in to her office to tell me that February 29th will be my last day with the company.
              Sorry to hear that Hope things turn around for you quick....

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks, Tim and Dutchman. I knew it was coming, as my hours kept shrinking. I have some options, so all is not lost.

Sorry about your situation, Dutch. Wow, eleven months of unemployment.
                That's the pits.
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                  I just swallowed my gum. These were my exact words in a private email to Dee about my 5x8 bag on her swivel:

"I wonder, because the Fighting Sports bag I have always has had a good
                  feel, but was a bit slow. No longer, now that bag flies."

How strange is that, Mr. Pop? Do you live in a mirror? Is there an echo in this room?
                  Paranday! Wow! That's great!
                  Dee and Dutchman..... sorry about the unemployment stuff... I know the feeling ... I have gone up and down my whole career it seems.... But ... I do know the more you prove yourself, the more experience you have, the more confidence you gain, and the more people know what you do well .... So you have to think that all that adds up to increased chances of bigger and better things. I have left bands with no work just to create an open road... it's not for everyone... and I have kids so I can't live like a 20 something dude in a Hollywood apartment.... but ... I so know that it forces you to make things happen...
                  Good luck!!!
                  BAG ON!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

First Batch sold – on to the next Batch

I'm waiting to hear back from one member who inquired about a swivel. Meanwhile, I have another member on "stand-by" for the last swivel in this batch.

Based on the positive response we have received – from both newbie and experienced baggers – we have decided to go for it and start another batch of 20 and are scheduled to be ready in the next 2 weeks..

The last day at my job is next Wednesday and after that I'll be able to devote most of my time producing them.

We are also working on another swivel model. It will be unique looking, to say the least and I will post a picture as soon as it is ready.

I am taking pre-orders at this time for this next batch. Feel free to Private Message me for info or for reserving one in the next batch.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement!

Bag we must.
                    Last edited by MsDeville; 02-23-2012, 11:12 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• meanwun
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2012

I lost my job also. It's hard going from the job you'll retire from to where am I going to work. I'm taking advantage of it to go back to school and am now starting to think losing my job was the greatest thing to happen to me.

Anyway good luck and keep your chin up because something will turn up.

Comment

• Mike D
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jan 2012

A true work of art!

Just got the swivel in the mail today, put on my board and WOW! It is amazing, I love the smooth and fast rebound, Thanx Dee for getting the idea to make this swivel and to Raul for the excellent craftsmanship.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          Just got the swivel in the mail today, put on my board and WOW! It is amazing, I love the smooth and fast rebound, Thanx Dee for getting the idea to make this swivel and to Raul for the excellent craftsmanship.
                          The birth of the Deville started out as a conversation about the lack of ball hook swivels on the market, and this got the ball rolling [pun intended] to create a functional swivel. Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you're happy with the swivel.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

A new journey

Originally posted by meanwun View Post
                            I lost my job also. It's hard going from the job you'll retire from to where am I going to work. I'm taking advantage of it to go back to school and am now starting to think losing my job was the greatest thing to happen to me.

Anyway good luck and keep your chin up because something will turn up.
                            Hi meanwun. And welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your job. But, it sounds like you have the right attitude.

I knew the day was coming. It was a tough decision for my boss. She was forced to tighten the budget (again!) and I was next in line to get my notice. It's been a great career over the years. I started out in the newspaper business at the tender age of 16 and have worked most of my life in the industry. But all good things must come to an end. And, as they say, where one door closes, another opens.

Well, another door has opened – actually, I took the initiative to open it! – and it is a door that I least expected to go through!

A boxing gym 30 miles north of us opened up a few months back (which offers Muay Thai, boxing, and kickboxing). Last week, Raul and I decided to go check it out to see if it had speed bags. Ben, the owner of the gym, told us that he wanted speed bags, but felt it's more for advanced students, and he didn't know anyone with experience... hmmm... so, Raul said we were both seasoned speed baggers and would he consider putting up bags if we offered to give some basic instruction. Raul even offered to install some platforms and swivels in exchange for membership to the gym. Ben didn't even hesitate. He jumped at the offer!

This morning, we took three 24" wood rounds, some swivels and spare speed bags up to the gym and installed 3 vertical boards. Ben had never seen anything like that, but within minutes of putting them up, we were teaching him the finer points of vertical bagging! He's hooked!

Raul got a 3" thick 8-foot length of redwood cedar that he got from a friend who runs a sawmill. He'll put 3 swivels on it and take it up to the gym on Monday. I'll post pictures later.

So, yes, I must say, that although the door to my old job has closed, the Bainbridge Island Boxing Gym's doors have swung open for me. My plan is to give basic speed bag lessons at the gym, and offer private lessons to those who want to learn in the privacy of their home. I won't make much, BUT, I'll get to be a "gym rat" and do what I love – SPEED BAG! I'm pretty excited about this new development in my life.

Comment

• Vegas7
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Mar 2011

Best of luck on your new endeavor Dee!!!!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vegas7 View Post
                                Best of luck on your new endeavor Dee!!!!!
                                Thanks, Vegas!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...