Chris.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by chrisf View Post
      Got mine ordered

Chris.
      Yours is enroute. It takes a few days to "cross the pond" but it should be there in a few days.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• chrisf
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2014

Thank you Alan, cant wait.

Comment

• Otniu
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Sep 2014

Very new

I am 48 and I what to learn how to hit a bag correctly. I have a heavy bag and stand and am ready to by a speed bag and a swivel. I found the Powermill Evil Swivel and really got interested in hitting the speed bag after watching numerous videos. I just couldn't stop watching. I want to be able to do that too!

can anyone tell me where I can get the powermill evil swivel ?

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Otniu View Post
            I am 48 and I what to learn how to hit a bag correctly. I have a heavy bag and stand and am ready to by a speed bag and a swivel. I found the Powermill Evil Swivel and really got interested in hitting the speed bag after watching numerous videos. I just couldn't stop watching. I want to be able to do that too!

can anyone tell me where I can get the powermill evil swivel ?
            The powermill evil swivel was custom made by a forum member named "jumpcannon"

Unfortunately he has gone missing for awhile. This often happens when life intervenes or interests are directed elsewhere for a while. Maybe his job changed. Who knows. I see the date of his last activity on the forum (check in) was: 05-22-2014 11:37 AM, almost 4-months ago. I'm not sure when he last made a supply of swivels.... but I suspect he has at least gotten a few personal PM's from this forum about the swivels. Sadly, I would probably say as of this date they are presently not available.

An excellent alternative to the evil swivel ballhook is the Deville Ballhook, custom made by our own MsDeville. Many of us will attest to it's purity of action, accuracy of rebound and sturdiness to last over time. And she can get it to you in a few days. You can send her a forum Personal Message (PM) from her profile or send her an email at DEVILLESWIVELS@GMAIL.COM

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Sal76
              • Feb 2015

Hello Alan, I wanted to ask if Speed Bag Bible DVD and book can be had in Italian.
              I do not know English very well, some words escape me and I apologize if it is not understandable, I know I should study more
              Non cercate di prendere i poeti perché vi scapperanno tra le dita.
              Alda Merini

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sal76 View Post
                Hello Alan, I wanted to ask if Speed Bag Bible DVD and book can be had in Italian.
                I do not know English very well, some words escape me and I apologize if it is not understandable, I know I should study more
                Hey Sal,

As of now the Speed Bag Bible has not been translated into any other languages. Years ago I investigate that, but it would have been an EXTREMELY expensive undertaking. The problem is, many of the words and terms used for some of the techniques, particularly elbow strikes and various double punches, were created especially for the speed bag and that creates a few translation problems.

First, you can't really take a term like "Downward-Triple Elbow Strike" or "Out-&-In Four way elbow strike" and just use those words from other languages to create the term that means the same thing, representing a physical movement. Not all languages can translate that way and it would take a "real native speaker of the country" to make a proper translation to a movement or physical skill, and also get the order of the words correct. In some languages the Term "Downward-Triple Elbow Strike", to represent a physical skill would more correctly be "Triple Elbow downward strike" or "Elbow-triple strike Downward". It would just depend on the language as to how the correct translation goes.

Another issue is the abbreviations I created to write speed bag combinations. I created an abbreviation of every technique name (24 of them as well as about a dozen more martial arts techniques) and found I could line up the specific Fist and Elbow used over and under the abbreviation to show the exact fist order: See this page http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/written_exercises

here is a small sample: Downward Triple Elbow Strike down with the Left fist, Right Elbow and Right Fist. would be

..L\R-R = ARM used L or R
                (D-TES).... abbreviation of technique name based on letters of words.
                ..f\ e-f = fist or elbow f or e

Notice the "L" in the top line is exactly over the "f" underneath. It has to be that wayto indicate Left fist. The Red R and e mean Right Elbow. If those letters do not align they will get lost and mean nothing. This happens a few thousand times in the book over the course of over 400 exercises. Yep, that's a lot of letter alignments.

So...the words "Fist" and "Elbow" aren't the same in most languages:

English: Left Elbow and Right Fist

Italian: Gomito sinistro e il pugno destroy
                Spanish: Codo izquierdo y el puño derecho
                German: Linken Ellenbogen und der rechten Faust

That means Every Single exercise in the book (over 400 exercises, some with three lines each!) would have to be re-written and the correct letters/text lined up properly by a native language speaker-translater, who probably knows nothing about the speed bag and what any of this means. I could not proof read every language because I have no idea what I am looking at in that language.

I did approach the language arts department at Baylor University here in Waco and some language professors at other local colleges and universities, as well as several professional translator companies. They all said the same thing basically, That each language would demand a special native tongue translator familiar with sports and boxing terms and probably some understanding of the activity to translate the text, particularly the written exercises. And we can't forget that many languages also have special text characters included. Every page would need to be retyped to get the spacing adjustments. by the way, each letter in each Font is handled different by the printer driver that the computer is attached to. The size and spacing for each letter and font is different, SO the English "L" or "F" in times roman may take up less space in a line then the Spanish "i" or "P", and then that may change the alignments of the top and bottom letters. !!

So, what seems like a pretty easy deal, get your book translated into a few other languages, can quickly run into thousands of dollars per language. The few translation companies I contacted told me that I would need to sell many thousands of books to cover the costs of such a venture, and they would not recommend doing it for a small specialty market item. And remember, after I paid for the translation I then have to pay for the printing, binding and distribution. Of course an ebook doesn't need to be "printed" on paper, but the cost of translation is still there. When I had the book formatted into all eBook formats, (kindle - ITunes (apple) - epub, ) I asked the company that converted it, as well as my ebook distributor (Ingram) about translation services and they turned it down stating it is "a specialty language with non-standard terms, words and symbols" and needs more specialty translation services.

For the record, years ago when I used to attend and demonstrate speed bag at large sporting goods shows, I was approached by Telemundo and Univision marketers and advertising agencies that believed if I could get all this into Spanish, particularly my video's translated, it would be "killer in their markets" for boxing is second to soccer (futbol). That is actually when I began investigating translation seriously. The Book issue was it's own problem, the video's are a different problem. My video's have ME talking English and the sounds of the bag rebounding. Both are on the same track. You can't just keep the bag sounds and eliminate my audio, at least not easily. (Maybe now you could, in late 1990's "no"). You could not add an interpreter "over" my voice and bag sounds because then you have two guys talking over each other - one in English one in the other language. I also have English text that comes up so you can't add the language text over my text. The answer would be to reshoot the video's professionally where every sound track could be recorded or added separately, and text overlays only in that specific language.

Sorry, didn't mean to get so long winded on this, but it there is no quick way to explain why I haven't got it translated, but I did seriously look into it at one time. But I always keep an open mind
                Last edited by Speedbag; 03-28-2015, 01:56 AM.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Sep 2009

I haven't found any bible style bagging in the Spanish speaking world. Seems really rare outside of English speaking countries, there was a Russian guy that did a little more with the bag, and a Turkish guy. But they weren't doing what you're doing. Seems we're at an impasse.

Comment

• Sal76
                    • Feb 2015

Thanks Alan, you're very kind.
                    I understand the difficulty and the work behind it, it means that I will work more.
                    Thank you very much you too paranday
                    Last edited by Sal76; 03-28-2015, 10:40 AM.
                    Non cercate di prendere i poeti perché vi scapperanno tra le dita.
                    Alda Merini

Comment

• SlowPunch
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2015

Hello all,
                      Total news here. Where can I purchase the Bible? Thank you for all of the great info. I have yet to even hit a bag yet..... I have the everlast adjustable unit on the way to me as a gift to myself..... In my 43 years I've always wanted to do or, and now I have

Thank you again,

Sean

Comment

• SlowPunch
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Apr 2015

That was supposed to say newb....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SlowPunch View Post
                          Hello all,
                          Total news here. Where can I purchase the Bible? Thank you for all of the great info. I have yet to even hit a bag yet..... I have the everlast adjustable unit on the way to me as a gift to myself..... In my 43 years I've always wanted to do or, and now I have

Thank you again,

Sean
                          You can get a copy from me. Send me a PM through the forum.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• SlowPunch
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Apr 2015

Thank you

Comment

• Godfery267
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Dec 2015

Ready to go here.
                              covers for s6 by casesam
                              Xperia z5 by cover
                              Last edited by Godfery267; 12-23-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Vanhaus
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Mar 2012

Speed Bag Bible and DVD special

Tim,
                                I was looking to purchase the Speed Bag Bible and DVD set. I tried the link and it has been removed. Can you help me make the purchase??

Thanks
                                Scott

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...