Clear All

• Strugs
    replied
    Sent you a message, Stammbo.

Leave a comment:

• Bag Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    It's about two thirds of the way up. I think, but I'm going to double check, the Everlast version the worm was full length, https://speedbagforum.com/forums/for...-on-ebay/page2
    The length is correct. The screw only need be long enough to allow the sled to be adjusted to max height. Given the height of the sled it not need be full lenght.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    Ok, thank you. There’s not a lot of info on these.

Leave a comment:

• JoMan2
    replied
    Thats not from 1890-1900. The adjustable NMC was released in 1915-ish. Before that they had a version that was just a drum that hung from the ceiling with ropes.

Leave a comment:

• Dan S.
    replied
    Stammbo, I have been looking at your photos. How much are you asking for the wall pulley system? I can give you my personal contact info if you prefer.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    I’m looking to sell the platform and wall weight machine with Post leather gloves and Everlast kangaroo bag. If anyone here is interested let me know. I believe the wall machine is also from Narragansett.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    Finally got everything checked out. There are no cracks, it was just the light shining through the space between the mounting bolt area.

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Sorry, I shouldn't laugh at that, I understand that everyone has their own area of knowledge and there is so much I don't know that so many could teach me, but that was funny.
    Thanks for sharing that one.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    No problem, finding someone with vast historical knowledge is very rare these days…

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Might have been for ease of assembly. I would imagine that these were shipped out in pieces in stead ready to mount. People tended to be a bit more mechanically inclined in those days. The Ford model T came with instructions on how to do a routine engine rebuild, including pouring babbitt bearings.
    stammbo, please forgive me for changing the subject for a moment but I have to ask something that has been bugging me for years, "Dutchman" what is it that possesses you to gather all this information? I don't just accept it, I check it out and you always seem to right. Sorry, stammbo my curiosity just got the best of me, hope you understand.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Might have been for ease of assembly. I would imagine that these were shipped out in pieces in stead ready to mount. People tended to be a bit more mechanically inclined in those days. The Ford model T came with instructions on how to do a routine engine rebuild, including pouring babbitt bearings.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    That spot that looks like a crack may just be the seam from where the arm attaches to the logo/adjusting platform. Of course I’m out of town and it’s driving me nuts to not be able to check it out.

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    As for the jackscrew, here’s a page from 1890’s gym advertising

Leave a comment:

• stammbo
    replied
    I will check it out when I get back into town and get more detailed pictures. Thanks for pointing that out.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    It's about two thirds of the way up. I think, but I'm going to double check, the Everlast version the worm was full length, https://speedbagforum.com/forums/for...-on-ebay/page2

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...