Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman
    replied
    Hate to say it, but you might have to take it to a good machine shop to rectify the issue, not an inexpensive proposition.

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Guys I am stuck. I can't figure out how to get it unstuck. I have have to move on and finish my drum which I will attach to a Balazs pro platform for the time being.
    I can come back to this platform in the future. If any of you have any suggestions how to fix please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Should be able to use a drift punch and a ball peen hammer to remove them, and work the hand wheel off the shaft. Then shoot some more Kroil into the bushing. If you can't work it out by hand, use a block of wood and a mallet and tap on the now exposed end of the shaft. That should free it up

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Dutchman checked for set screw, looks like they used taper pins to mount wheel to platform.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    After looking at the photos of a restored one, to refresh my memory, the handwheel is probably held in place by a set screw. If you can remove that then you should be able to start the disassembly process. I don't think it's a press fit. Soak Kroil around the shaft then gently tap it our using a wood block as a buffer. You do not want to hit metal on metal when removing it.

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Give some "Liquid Wrench" a shot at it. Make sure you let it sit for awhile then respray again and let it sit awhile longer. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Tried some heat and more Kroil. Still stuck. Which I knew how to take the mechanism apart to rebuild.

Leave a comment:

• JordonC2
    replied
    Dutchman,
    The platform brackets (the knobs on the sides?) are free.
    Knobs and their screws are perfect! The entire platform is very near perfect, just stuck.
    It just makes me want to get it squared away that much more.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Can you tell if the platform brackets themselves are free on the support tubes? If the set screws have been over tightened that may have galled the tubes making adjusting it difficult, if not impossible

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by JordonC2 View Post
    Hi picked up a Narragansett Machine Company speed bag platform which is in very good shape other than the adjustment wheel is stuck.
    There is a little play in the wheel and the cone shaped sprocket, but no other movement in the screw shaft or the bearings. I tried Kroil, no luck. I tried to move the screw shaft with a pipe wrench wrapped in leather, nothing.
    I could use some help.
    Here is a few photo.
    Click image for larger version Name:	A26DBEE0-8DB8-47C0-9168-8156A5168FBB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	211.2 KB ID:	126217

Whoa! That's a collectors item. They don't make them like that anymore. I hope you get it to work. Sounds like Bagger Pete has some wisdom on this.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    You could try hitting it with a torch. The expansion and contraction can free up the metal sometimes. Electrolysis tank if penetrating oils and lubricants aren't working.

Leave a comment:

• Narragansett Machine Company speed bag platform help needed

Hi picked up a Narragansett Machine Company speed bag platform which is in very good shape other than the adjustment wheel is stuck.
    There is a little play in the wheel and the cone shaped sprocket, but no other movement in the screw shaft or the bearings. I tried Kroil, no luck. I tried to move the screw shaft with a pipe wrench wrapped in leather, nothing.
    I could use some help.
    Here is a few photo.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A26DBEE0-8DB8-47C0-9168-8156A5168FBB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	211.2 KB ID:	126217
    Last edited by JordonC2; 08-01-2021, 06:13 PM.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...