• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChopperTheDog
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jul 2017

How do I make it quieter without spending too much money

I appreciate this is probably one of the most asked questions on the forum but Im after tweaks and hacks rather than "Buy a board made of a 12 inch thick piece of tree"

So I moved recently and had to build a new shed, I came across a nice thick piece of worktop that I thought would make a good base, made my base, mounted it in my new shed and got cracking.

photo 1

When I was finished a new neighbour had appreciated my rhythmic beats so much she had posted me a nice letter (photo 2), I spoke to a couple of other neighbours and they didn't mind too much but one in particular really can't stand it. So while I'm not going to stop using it I did promise "Debbie" I would do everything I could to reduce the noise.

My old board was a cheap thin thing (photo 3) that I used to have a sand bag on the back of and I never had any complaints, it was a different address with different neighbours.

So I took my new board apart again and cut up a car mat then used bits of rubber in-between the contact points (photos 4,5,6). I think it was possibly louder, definitely not quieter.

I tried putting the sand bag on top of the new board and it made no difference, its already heavy.

I've been looking forward to getting it back up for months.

Any tips and tricks that don't cost much money would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

• rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Wow, your neighbor Debbie is really nice. Let's figure out how to make this quieter!
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Ms Deville says her concrete drum cost less than $50 US dollars.

Comment

• ChopperTheDog
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Jul 2017

Love that, that will probably be the solution

Comment

• ChopperTheDog
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Ms Deville says her concrete drum cost less than $50 US dollars.

Love that, that will probably be the solution

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...