• Show
Clear All

• Cazbag
    replied
    Welcome back Mac!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Walker
    replied
    You can find the studs by dangling a strong magnet on a string to find where the nails or screws are located. I use a cow magnet, but any strong magnet will do.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post

The beams are wood, so i I assume I just need to find the studs (like I had in my condo) and just mount them to that... hopefully I can find 2 studs lol

I would use at least two, maybe three (as show) horizontal 2x4's and attach them to the studs behind the siding. The attach that board which is very similar to the one shown here.

Leave a comment:

• pinzpirate
    replied
    Originally posted by MaccZero8 View Post

The beams are wood, so i I assume I just need to find the studs (like I had in my condo) and just mount them to that... hopefully I can find 2 studs lol
    You can use 5/16 or 3/8 lag bolts to screw into wood Lay out the holes and pre-drill them You can also use sealer on the fasteners like Zaz said if you
    think you need it or use epoxy putty it will not only be a good sealer but also act like Loc-Tite

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Welcome back to the Forum! Since you intend to install your platform on a exterior wall, I recommend you to use Sealing Washers. Also, you can put silicone around the brace boards to prevent water from entering the wall.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Hi MaccZero8 glad to see you back. Love to hear from members that started here long before I have. The platform you have is a really good sturdy platform. You could drill through the wood cross bars if you have to so you can secure it to the studs.The everlast platform is strong and lightweight so you shouldn’t have any problems mounting it . Good luck

Leave a comment:

• MaccZero8
    replied
    Originally posted by pinzpirate View Post
    Those beams are concrete Is the wall concrete or wood frame construction? Either way you need to
    find the studs or firring strips the siding is nailed or screwed to As long the wood on your platform reaches
    across two studs you just need the right fasteners Nothing will tighten down properly between them you'll
    be trying to crush air or some kind of insulation probably damaging the exterior panel

Leave a comment:

• pinzpirate
    replied
    Those beams are concrete Is the wall concrete or wood frame construction? Either way you need to
    find the studs or firring strips the siding is nailed or screwed to As long the wood on your platform reaches
    across two studs you just need the right fasteners Nothing will tighten down properly between them you'll
    be trying to crush air or some kind of insulation probably damaging the exterior panel

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    hello,

I would think you'd need a few 2-4s to secure it to the house unless your mounting brackets are perfectly in line with your exterior wall studs.

Leave a comment:

• MaccZero8
    started a topic Back at it - Outdoor mounting advice

Back at it - Outdoor mounting advice

Hey all!

It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted on here (8.5yrs), but I’m happy to report I’m back on the horse and looking to re-mount my platform!

I just moved into a house and was thinking about mounting my platform to the side of the house, a wall shared with the garage. The wall has wood siding and is pretty well protected from the elements, although I could just put a tarp over it when the weather is less than ideal.

Attached are a couple photos of said wall and the unit I plan to mount. Will I need 2x4s to secure it to the house better? Obviously, the less huge holes the better, but I can paint whatever I need to in order for it to match the house color.

Any tips, suggestions, advice or feedback is welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...