• Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Another interesting old thread.

Alan, what's the story behind this photo you linked to,

Striking !
    Well, it was a dark and stormy night, when suddenly I was attacked by a knight named stormy. Actually it was four knights, stormy, Juan, joey and julia. They fought well but were no match for my superior speed and defense skills. None of our injuries were serious, so gracious in defeat they offered to repent and serve as apprentices. I declined but offered to teach them some of the secrets of "the way of the bag", and here they are practicing.....

Or, I could have been oogling googling on the net years ago for speed bag or multiple speed bag pictures and found this one.

at my age, and so many encounters, it's hard to remember which one it was.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Hi Nick

Welcome to the forum. Always glad to meet new speed bag enthusiasts.

Here are a few links to bags hung under a landing

Speed bags in a row1

speed bag row2

Pugilistica speed bag in ring

Another interesting old thread.

Alan, what's the story behind this photo you linked to,

Striking !

Leave a comment:

• ronaldo
    replied
    Good job!!

How did you treat the wood btw?

Leave a comment:

• jaguiler
    replied
    looks awesome !!

I like the plywood with the screws idea and the glue.... perfect !!

when are you hanging the heavy bag under the porch ?

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    amazing platform one of the best ones ive ever seen. cant believe i missed this thread.
    ________
    Chramchoice7 cam
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ryzies
    replied
    sexy...

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim
    The drum is plywood?? Is it glued together or bolted ? How thick is it total ?
    It is made out 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood. I layed it out so that I could get 3 of the largest diameter circles out of it and then I oriented the pieces then drilled and put about 20 screws in it. Then I took the screws out and coated the sides with glue and screwed and clamped it together. It's 2 1/16" thick and 31 3/4" across the flats.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    The drum is plywood?? Is it glued together or bolted ? How thick is it total ?

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Speed bag on porch

That looks like expert craftsmanship. A gorgeous board and rock solid construction.

Super Job. I have a similiar porch, and may give this setup some thought.

( Maybe I do need a fourth speed bag unit in the house..... )

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Nice

Looks very solid.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Pictures

I going to try and attach the pictures to this post.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Well I just got done with my platform and am really happy with it. Speedbag, I did as you said and made it where the smaller bags will hang just a little higher. As I only have the one 6x9 right now I had to estimate it a bit but right now I'm satisfied. I'm having a problem posting the pictures, the forum wants URL and I only have them in the MY Pictures folder on my computer. Any tips on how to get them on here?
    Thanks,
    Nick
    I'll PM you my e-mail address, send them to me via e-mail and I'll post them, or you can upload them as attachments... it's the Paperclip icon when posting. There's also a lot of free web sites on the net that you can upload photos to... I can't recommend any of them though as I don't use them.
    Last edited by Tim; 07-04-2006, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    plstform completed

Well I just got done with my platform and am really happy with it. Speedbag, I did as you said and made it where the smaller bags will hang just a little higher. As I only have the one 6x9 right now I had to estimate it a bit but right now I'm satisfied. I'm having a problem posting the pictures, the forum wants URL and I only have them in the MY Pictures folder on my computer. Any tips on how to get them on here?
    Thanks,
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Home Made Speed BAg

Originally posted by Nick
    ...This thing will be in a fixed state when finished and will not be adjustable.
    I suggest you set the belly of your LARGEST bag at the proper height. then a smaller bag will mean you have to "raise up", easily accomplished with a 4x4 plywood set on other wood,etc.

IF the faster/smaller bags are a little too high, then you can easily raise yourself up an inch or two to adjust for height. It is much more difficult to adjust "down lower" by spreading your legs or bending down to a bag that is too low.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    platform height

Well I have the platform made and am putting some urethane on it. Will not get to work on the suspending part until Monday, but I have measured (and estimated) it's approximate placement. Right now I'm waiting on the swivel and the bag. The swivel is the all metal s hook that Speedbag recommends and the bag is the Top Contender 6x9 but I need to get these and find out the actual lengths to get the proper height. The way I figure it is if I have the height set to where a 5x8 would hang down to my nose that I could possibly go up to a 7x10 where that would be about even with my mouth and not need adjusting, which I think I would be satisfied with. This thing will be in a fixed state when finished and will not be adjustable.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...