Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman
    replied
    This type of rebound ring would have a Nichols swivel, or a D&M Lucky Dog, or similar type swivel (Non Pareil had a swivel similar the D&M). Some had a chain that you could adjust the length of. Early Nichols were rope and ball where you could adjust the length just by changing where the knot was. For the most part the bags that were used on these were at least 14" long when inflated. Larger ones were the norm.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanrnmahler View Post
    Ok
    so for the delay in getting the hoop measurements.

Outside diameter is 23”
    inside diameter is 21 1/2”

Please let me know which size bag or type will be best for this frame.
    Thank you.
    Alan
    Alanrnmahler I guess speed bag size depends on the swivel and how low it has the bag. I would think that matters to some degree. But then again I thought I could jump off my shed and easily clear the prickly rose bush without landing in it last June.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Are you looking for something like a vintage bag to match the look of the frame?

Leave a comment:

• Alanrnmahler
    replied
    Ok
    so for the delay in getting the hoop measurements.

Outside diameter is 23”
    inside diameter is 21 1/2”

Please let me know which size bag or type will be best for this frame.
    Thank you.
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I was unable to add files before. Here are several photos of the frame
    That thing is beautiful. If I didn't know any better I would've thought it was an art piece of some sort. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    It was either Spalding, or Nonpareil that offered this style of rebound ring, Somewhere I have some catalog screen shots if I can find them.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Attached is the patent. Was not assigned to any manufacturer so can't help answer who made it.

I never ceased to be amazed at the wealth of knowledge and ability to uncover speed bag history.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    You are going to need a piece of wood that screws to your frame using the pictured holes, and the swivel will screw into that new piece of wood. Maybe there are pics here on the forum showing something like that. I'm sure Dutchman and others will chime in soon about the history and ideas for restoration.

Leave a comment:

• Alanrnmahler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alanrnmahler
    replied
    Thank you everyone for the extremely quick responses.
    I was shock to see that Paranday had the patent at his fingertips. As soon as you said it was a Patent I could see the words spelled out. Very impressive!!!!
    To RDShacklford: I will stop and measure the diameter of the ring today. I had already measured the center to center hole distance as I was in conversation with people on eBay seeing if a particular configuration of punching bag and housing unit they were selling would match.
    the distance from center hole to center hole is 2 1/4 in.
    mill attach a picture.
    To Mickey Dix yes it’s a cool find indeed.
    dont know of a value or even what my intentions will be. I do know I would like to find a compatible mount and bag that’s close to the same time period to make this as accurate and complete as possible.
    thanks again everyone for your expertise and interest.
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    That’s a nice piece to find in your attic!!!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Also precisely measure the hole-to-hole distance between the swivel mounting holes.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Nice historical piece. Can you measure the diameter of the ring so we can suggest a bag?

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Attached is the patent. Was not assigned to any manufacturer so can't help answer who made it.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alanrnmahler
    replied

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...