Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BagBoy
    replied
    I know there are some guys who have picked up the fighting sports bags or bag and got rid of them. I picked up the 5" (white) and the 6" (black n white) and found them to be quite sluggish. I swapped out the bladders in each of them and this greatly improved both. I do like them now but still wouldn't buy or recommend. BTW the leather at the bottom of these bags is ridiculously thick and the only bladder I could successfully install in these bags were bladders with a long valve. I really wish Enkay would lengthen their glue in bladder valves.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by m.breen View Post
    Ringside ultra rebound xtra small. These are $150 in Toronto. So when I saw it on sale on amazon for $50, I jumped at it. On top of it being a dud, the leather started cracking almost right away.
    Yet one more for the ringside ultra rebound. Beginning to see a pattern here.

Leave a comment:

• m.breen
    replied
    Ringside ultra rebound xtra small. These are $150 in Toronto. So when I saw it on sale on amazon for $50, I jumped at it. On top of it being a dud, the leather started cracking almost right away.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    That’s a good idea !!!!

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

Hi Bagboy,Thanks for the offer thats very nice of you. I would have to say no because I wouldn’t use it much and would hate to waist it.Ill be at SB11 to smack it around though
    Know what, I'll bring it for signatures! Eureka

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post

Yeah I agree, I don't know what to make of that bag. Ultra rebound is even a stupid name. It's certainly not meant for Bible baggin. This leaves it for boxing style on a U-bolt. Compare it to any Cleto for boxing style and there is no comparison so if you have a Cleto.. the ULTRA REBOUND is completely useless. What a dud.

/rant

Editing to say: Mickey.. I know you don't want another of these bags, but if you come to SB 11 I'll give you my 5-8. Although I guess that's like me saying "here Mickey, you throw this out" lol

Meh
    Hi Bagboy,Thanks for the offer thats very nice of you. I would have to say no because I wouldn’t use it much and would hate to waist it.Ill be at SB11 to smack it around though

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

I have the ringside ultra-rebound bag also. I have not tried to change bladder yet. It doesn’t see the arcswivel much . I do not like the shape it seems out of wack even after I have been beating the hell out of it. My bag is a 9/6 and I will not purchase any other size.
    Yeah I agree, I don't know what to make of that bag. Ultra rebound is even a stupid name. It's certainly not meant for Bible baggin. This leaves it for boxing style on a U-bolt. Compare it to any Cleto for boxing style and there is no comparison so if you have a Cleto.. the ULTRA REBOUND is completely useless. What a dud.

/rant

Editing to say: Mickey.. I know you don't want another of these bags, but if you come to SB 11 I'll give you my 5-8. Although I guess that's like me saying "here Mickey, you throw this out" lol

Meh
    Last edited by BagBoy; 11-09-2019, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I don't know whether or not I mentioned this already and frankly I don't care to look back. But last night I was reminded just how much I regret buying the Ringside Ultra-Rebound bag.. This bag requires a certain kind of bladder that has the nipple almost off to the side of the bag. About 2"s off center of the bottom. Getting at the bladder is a whole other ball of shitty wax as it is sewn into the bag in such a way that it looks like I'm going to have to gently cut it out with a carpet knife.

Just a bloody dumb bag purchase. Definitely giving it away at the next event.. somebody else can share in my misery and invent new colorful words as I have. Gadzooks!!
    I have the ringside ultra-rebound bag also. I have not tried to change bladder yet. It doesn’t see the arcswivel much . I do not like the shape it seems out of wack even after I have been beating the hell out of it. My bag is a 9/6 and I will not purchase any other size.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I don't know whether or not I mentioned this already and frankly I don't care to look back. But last night I was reminded just how much I regret buying the Ringside Ultra-Rebound bag.. This bag requires a certain kind of bladder that has the nipple almost off to the side of the bag. About 2"s off center of the bottom. Getting at the bladder is a whole other ball of shitty wax as it is sewn into the bag in such a way that it looks like I'm going to have to gently cut it out with a carpet knife.

Just a bloody dumb bag purchase. Definitely giving it away at the next event.. somebody else can share in my misery and invent new colorful words as I have. Gadzooks!!

Leave a comment:

• Speedslug
    replied
    Yer I’m sick of internet Facebook crap tbh so don’t go online much other than banking, an thats not a spelling mistake I mean internet banking.....
    seriously underwhelmed with this title atomic bag tho, trouble is I’m a cheap skate so don’t like splashing out on something I just beat up either, and I don’t mean the wife.... she’s actually bigger than me these days so that’s defo not happening

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Your 4th post in two years, one line, and you managed to use the American favored 'nutsack'. lmao. cheers mate.

Leave a comment:

• Speedslug
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I hate it too, dead non-bounce. But I think it might be the synthetic material, not the light weight. My new Bulgarian bag is lighter and larger, and had a ton of bounce.
    Just had title atomic xxs shipped to England from USA, more rebound on my own nutsack
    Last edited by Speedslug; 10-21-2019, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    very cool

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied

lol, I hear ya, and I would not buy one either. But I would not give this one up for the world. This was my first speed bag, saved up my allowance money to buy it, I think around '77. I used bag gloves. I think the platform was shittier than the bag, so I didn't notice so much.
    Actually I have to admit that the dreaded 4214 was used in the Article I wrote for Black Belt Magazine in May 1991. I needed photo's for that article and I took my trusty Gryo 4200 to the gym for the photo shoot. It was suggested that the 4200 was too small and the fists and feet covered it up, So..we needed to try a larger bag. I did not have another one and the club we shot the photos at only had....A brown Everlast 4214. There was no time to go get another bag...SO, that bag was the one used in that article. (pics below)

I had the good fortune of having that article reprinted in a "sister" magazine of Black Belt (Martial Arts Training) in 1998, and I asked to re-shoot the photo's. I then used my trust big red 4210, the same bag in the technique pages of The Speed Bag Bible. I also shot those pictures in my garage, not a public health club. (pics below)

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    bagboy, sorry for hijacking your thread like this. speedbag, so far, so good. I am back home now. Surgeon said the operation went perfectly. I hope to be bagging like mad in a few months, better than ever on the right side (not saying that much, lol)
    No need to apologize! It's all part of our baggin world. Glad the surgery went so well. Onward and upward..

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...