Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    I've called a couple gyms so far and it seems my X-Mark is nicer than what they have. We actually have an official 'Title' boxing gym here. They have one, that's right one, platform. When the title guy saw my Xmark on film, he said 'Whoa, where did u get that nice platform?'. That's not what I wanted to hear.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Something to consider about the 30" platform is your head pretty much has to fit under it. With my arthritic shoulders, I cannot stand under the platform and reach up. That is why I did a custom 26" drum.
    Noted.... I'll check out how close my head is to the platform after work. Unfortunately, I've only hit on the two stations I have at home. I may try to look up some boxing gyms and see if they will let me test out their platforms before I make any final decisions.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Something to consider about the 30" platform is your head pretty much has to fit under it. With my arthritic shoulders, I cannot stand under the platform and reach up. That is why I did a custom 26" drum.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Thanks you gentlemen for the info and comparison. I'll do a 30 one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    You need at least a 30" drum to use a 4205, otherwise the belly of the bag is going to hit on the edge of a 24" platform
    I just fits on my 26" platform, and the short swivel helps.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post

I have yet to see a 4205. I see on the chart it's a bit larger than the 4213. Do you think a 24 inch drum could handle that effectively?
    You need at least a 30" drum to use a 4205, otherwise the belly of the bag is going to hit on the edge of a 24" platform

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Oh yes, I've seen the comparison Ventanakaz made on YouTube after that wicked combo. I'll have to wait until I do some custom drums.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    A bit larger is an understatement. The dimension numbers don't do it justice. It is a bag for giants. And yet it is one of the most perfectly proportioned bags ever made. And for its size, it is pound-for-pound and ounce-for-ounce one of the fastest and lightest bags as well. I don't have a pic yet of it on one of my Arc swivels. I'll try to get one up tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    I agree with that. The 4205 is really something special.
    On the big end I would vote for the 4205. On the small end, my vote goes to my apparently very rare buckskin Genesport
    I have yet to see a 4205. I see on the chart it's a bit larger than the 4213. Do you think a 24 inch drum could handle that effectively?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I agree with that. The 4205 is really something special.
    On the big end I would vote for the 4205. On the small end, my vote goes to my apparently very rare buckskin Genesport

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Of the three late model institutional Everlast bags, the 4213 is my second favorite, just behind my 4205's

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    I'm sure you have read the previous thread where Ralph and I discuss the awesomeness of the 4213. I think I have 4 of them now. Not, sure, lost count.
    Thanks Rusty, I missed that one, I'll track it down now.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I'm sure you have read the previous thread where Ralph and I discuss the awesomeness of the 4213. I think I have 4 of them now. Not, sure, lost count.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    While this isnt a 'current' bag, its certainly one of my current favorites. The one on the left was on the porch today. Great shape, original plastic bladder no leaks. The one on the tri hook needed a new bladder. I'm interested to see how it feels with the original bladder. I think this is the first one I've found with a usable original.
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-28-2019, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    Not Australia but from the Philippines last year. It had quite the journey to get here that's for sure, I think it was a heavy week atleast and I think it back tracked a time or 2 as well. Like waiting on Santa Claus knowing something awesome coming

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...