X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by Thedogkeeper View Post
    I forgot to mention--I plan on doing some showing off in the gym to amaze my young friends. I'm still laughing about you blowing minds of your boxer friends.

Yeah I can't imagine if some of the better people here showed them how to do it, they'd really flip out.

I was just doing some triplet with some double elbow strikes mixed in, with a little front and rear fist rolling. Then finished with a left outward triple elbow, right circle punch, left outward double elbow followed by a downward elbow. It happened to be a time when I landed all of them. I am still having trouble consistently doing the outward elbows cleanly.

I then showed them videos of Alan and you other bagging maniacs and they were truly amazed. They just do triplet and some front fist rolling with the bag up high. I had to stand on a mat to get it to the bible height since it's a non adjustable unit.

Leave a comment:

• Thedogkeeper
    replied
    I forgot to mention--I plan on doing some showing off in the gym to amaze my young friends. I'm still laughing about you blowing minds of your boxer friends.

Leave a comment:

• Thedogkeeper
    replied
    Thanks for the input--I like it. I've been a student all of my life so I'm going to buy the book and DVD. Looking forward to learning and challenging myself.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    Originally posted by Thedogkeeper View Post
    I was told I have to post within 7 days or my account will be deleted. I've on and off used a speed bag for the past 45 years and really love it. My goal was to be fast and I did reach that but now maybe I would like to add some tricks. I'm sure there are posts regarding Alan Kahn's training but I would like to ask if the book and DVD would help me learn some tricks. I don't learn so fast anymore and only know how to impress my friends with hand speed.
    Thanks
    The book and DVD are helping me with the tricks or as it's called around here "bible" hitting. I was like you, I used to do boxing style hitting and was pretty fast. But with the "bible" style I am still learning. I'll tell you one thing, at work our boxing club had their minds blown when I started hitting the bag with elbows, from behind, and from the sides. The triple elbow strikes when I can land them really blow peoples minds.

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    Alan's book is a fantastic resource. However, although speed is a component of speedbagging, his book places emphasis on mastering techniques and combinations through control of the bag. Speed develops as a result of controlled mastery.

Leave a comment:

• Thedogkeeper
    started a topic Alan Kahn's Book and DVD

Alan Kahn's Book and DVD

I was told I have to post within 7 days or my account will be deleted. I've on and off used a speed bag for the past 45 years and really love it. My goal was to be fast and I did reach that but now maybe I would like to add some tricks. I'm sure there are posts regarding Alan Kahn's training but I would like to ask if the book and DVD would help me learn some tricks. I don't learn so fast anymore and only know how to impress my friends with hand speed.
    Thanks
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...