X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Rota View Post
    I just joined and messaged Alan for his book & DVD. I am 52 and have never used a speed bag, although wanted to my whole life. Looking forward to trying this. This seems like I great community so willing to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. Any beginner tips welcome.
    Wanted to your whole life? You're our kind of person. Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Rota
    replied
    I just joined and messaged Alan for his book & DVD. I am 52 and have never used a speed bag, although wanted to my whole life. Looking forward to trying this. This seems like I great community so willing to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. Any beginner tips welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    That would be very kind of you

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    The book is a must have, I bought it when it first came out, and I have the VHS tape that came with it to prove it
    whoa...! that's old!! Need a DVD replacement? I'll send you one

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    The book is a must have, I bought it when it first came out, and I have the VHS tape that came with it to prove it

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    Recently bought Alan's book with the two hour condensed DVD as well as disk four, of four (thank you Alan) advanced combinations dvd.

If you're a newbie to the forum and really want to get serious in your new addiction; Get this book, you won't regret it. And hey, for the price it's a no brainer. You can only get so far on youtube videos etc so it only makes sense.
    Glad to know it arrived ok.

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Recently bought Alan's book with the two hour condensed DVD as well as disk four, of four (thank you Alan) advanced combinations dvd.

If you're a newbie to the forum and really want to get serious in your new addiction; Get this book, you won't regret it. And hey, for the price it's a no brainer. You can only get so far on youtube videos etc so it only makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I'll be purchasing the book in the near future. One question, does the book come with the DVD or are they sold separately? I want both but I learn in large leaps and bounds watching video but the book is also something I've got to git my gloves on.
    Yes, you can get Book & Single DVD together

or Book and 4-DVD set together. order via PM to me

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I'll be purchasing the book in the near future. One question, does the book come with the DVD or are they sold separately? I want both but I learn in large leaps and bounds watching video but the book is also something I've got to git my gloves on.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    If you start to get stuck on a particular move look for videos of it here or on YouTube. Sometimes others do it a little different or the angle on the camera shows it better. Keep up the practice, it's a long road to master Alan's book.

Leave a comment:

• RKahn
    replied
    Tricks vs techniques

Hi. I’m working the techniques and lesson routines. While I’m going over and over them one by one chanting their names or grunting them as I.t gets quick, I believe these are all specific stated techniques individually and combinations presented in proven over time scientific manner. They are difficult to learn to even read then practice and require stamina and concentration. Mr Kahn provides secrets to achieve better consistent results. From beginner to super advanced. For me “techniques and combinations” is a serous definition reflecting the many many hours of practice required to work them. The word “tricks” reminds me of what my pets do for a treat and while requiring time to master for an animal, don’t come near to the concentration of difficulty a human must endure to work the magic on the speed bag. I offer this with all due respect and humbly just my own opinion. No offense meant.

Leave a comment:

• m.breen
    replied
    I think I am ready for the "Bible".

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Chapman View Post
    So Alan. As you do tricks, does that make you the Houdini, Gandalf or "Dumbledore" of the speedbag. :-)
    Probably anything with "dumb" in it is pretty close!

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Hey Thedogkeeper, Welcome to the forum! always glad to have new folks join...

I often hear the more complicated techniques, or more specifically, "more complicated combinations from different side of the bag" call "tricks".

Maybe that is because there is something magical about seeing them done smooth and fast...

I don't prefer to call them "tricks", but prefer to call them more difficult or more advanced combinations. Of course there are "secrets" to doing them easier and more efficiently, - and I try to explain that in the book or demonstrate them in the video's.

But I do get it why people call what we do "tricks". And it makes us feel kind of like magicians. Bag Magicians... I like it
    So Alan. As you do tricks, does that make you the Houdini, Gandalf or Dumbledore of the speedbag. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Hey Thedogkeeper, Welcome to the forum! always glad to have new folks join...

Originally posted by Thedogkeeper View Post
    I was told I have to post within 7 days or my account will be deleted. I've on and off used a speed bag for the past 45 years and really love it. My goal was to be fast and I did reach that but now maybe I would like to add some tricks. I'm sure there are posts regarding Alan Kahn's training but I would like to ask if the book and DVD would help me learn some tricks. I don't learn so fast anymore and only know how to impress my friends with hand speed.
    Thanks
    I often hear the more complicated techniques, or more specifically, "more complicated combinations from different side of the bag" call "tricks".

Maybe that is because there is something magical about seeing them done smooth and fast...

I don't prefer to call them "tricks", but prefer to call them more difficult or more advanced combinations. Of course there are "secrets" to doing them easier and more efficiently, - and I try to explain that in the book or demonstrate them in the video's.

But I do get it why people call what we do "tricks". And it makes us feel kind of like magicians. Bag Magicians... I like it

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...