Everlast plastic ball & S-hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everlast plastic ball & S-hook

today i changed out my everlast metal swivel and again gave the everlast plastic swivel a try. this time instead of taking out the metal ball, eyebolt, S-hook outta the metal swivel, i used a full brass ball and used the eyebolt and S-hook that came with the plastic swivel. it screwed right into the brass ball but i did have to cut some threads off so it didn't hang down so low and i also cut more threads on the eyebolt to bring the bag up higher, i also added a rubber washer on the eyebolt shank to make it even more quiet (size 000) and to keep the plastic from getting damaged from the eyebolt shank hitting it, i'll get more life outta the plastic swivel with the washer on the shank. i ordered two more plastic swivels from (mma one stop shop) you can find them on amazon and ebay. when they come in i'll use a brass ball on one but i'll again fabricate the eyebolt and S-hook because mine will be heavier than the one that comes with the swivel and there for will perform better being that its heavier it will flop around alot less than the stock one (floating). you get less miss hits with a heavier assembly (ball, eyebolt, S-hook) this time i'll fab the S-hook with that offset, this should keep the bag on better and i can use my eyebolt S-hook on the classic metal everlast swivel and also the powermill swivel. but untill they come in and i fab the eyebolt S-hook. for now the setup with the brass ball and stock eyebolt S-hook is working great ;-) ...ralph
    Last edited by ventanakaz; 05-20-2013, 03:04 AM.

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
    today i changed out my everlast metal swivel and again gave the everlast plastic swivel a try. this time instead of taking out the metal ball, eyebolt, S-hook outta the metal swivel, i used a full brass ball and used the eyebolt and S-hook that came with the plastic swivel. it screwed right into the brass ball but i did have to cut some threads off so it didn't hang down so low and i also cut more threads on the eyebolt to bring the bag up higher, i also added a rubber washer on the eyebolt shank to make it even more quiet (size 000) and to keep the plastic from getting damaged from the eyebolt shank hitting it, i'll get more life outta the plastic swivel with the washer on the shank. i ordered two more plastic swivels from (mma one stop shop) you can find them on amazon and ebay. when they come in i'll use a brass ball on one but i'll again fabricate the eyebolt and S-hook because mine will be heavier than the one that comes with the swivel and there for will perform better being that its heavier it will flop around alot less than the stock one (floating). you get less miss hits with a heavier assembly (ball, eyebolt, S-hook) this time i'll fab the S-hook with that offset, this should keep the bag on better and i can use my eyebolt S-hook on the classic metal everlast swivel and also the powermill swivel. but untill they come in and i fab the eyebolt S-hook. for now the setup with the brass ball and stock eyebolt S-hook is working great ;-) ...ralph
    Pictures of some of this would be nice....
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Pictures of some of this would be nice....
      ...the first eyebolt, S-hook i made from scratch, zaza has. it's a stainless steel eyebolt with some weld i added to the eye to take up the floating that happens between the eye and S-hook. the S-hook is 1/4 inch cold rolled steel and the eye shank has a rubber washer on it, this setup is on the metal everlast swivel i sent him, i also modified the S-hook that came with the everlast swivel, as you know you can't get the bags we have nowadays on those small S-hooks, so i cut the bottom portion off and added (welded on) my own, it came out kinda crude and the next ones i modify will look alot cleaner (i have three more of those small everlast S-hooks lying around) the two that i sent zaza don't have that offset bend on them but i think everyone that i do from now on will have the offset. maybe zaza can post some pics of them, i can't post pics yet but i think i'll have enough money to post some pics in a month and maybe a video or two (fingers crossed)...ralph
      Last edited by ventanakaz; 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

i just modified the stock S-hook that came with the everlast plastic swivel, with an offset bend. i wasn't sure i could do it, but i had to give it a try because the leone bag would fly off once in awhile (on upward strikes) and that bugged me cause i don't like my bags hitting the floor. it was a bit of a pain but not that bad for me to do. if you want a pic just PM me your cell # and i could send you a text pic of it, now i have to install it back on my drum for a test drive, this should be good...ralph
        Last edited by ventanakaz; 05-20-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Brass ball

What is the thread pitch and size of the brass ball you used
          Michael

Comment

Give me a minute and I'll go out to the garage and see what I got and maybe send you one. BTW I won't use bass balls anymore just because I feel from testing the bass vs the steel, the steel is faster and smoother. On another note I also found out that a polished steel ball creates more stiction compared to a steel ball that's not polished and smooth, it doesn't make sense but the smooth seems to suck it's self into the base swivel, this is from testing the three balls, bass, smooth steel ball and not so smooth steel balls on a classic Everlast metal swivel, plastic Everlast swivel and dee's swivel...ralph
            Last edited by ventanakaz; 12-08-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Brass ball with S-hook & eyebolt
              Attached Files

Comment

Mr.Mike, If you live in the United States I could send the bass ball and S-hook, eyebolt to you. just PM me your address. the S-hook eyebolt is from a plastic everlast that I modified ...ralph

Comment

Hey mike, you should delete your address on this public forum and send it to me in Private Message. There are alot of nuts on the internet and I don't think you want one of them knowing your aaddress. Good you deleted it, as for the bass ball being better than the plastic that would be a yes it's better and no it's not better in some ways. Like I said I tried the different balls and with the plastic ball it spins much more freely in the plastic base (compared to the brass) but it will float up in the housing because it's so light, this mostly effects beginners and those learning new upward strikes, if your a veteran on the bag than that shouldn't affect you, the weight of the brass ball helps keep it from floating in the base but it's slower than the plastic one, there's more friction. Thats why I perfer my steel ball, it spins just as freely in the plastic base as the plastic ball and it also has the weight to it to keep it from floating, but one more thing is you can use the steel ball in a steel base as opposed to the brass ball which can only be used in a plastic base, therefore the steel ball is more versatile.
                  Last edited by ventanakaz; 12-08-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I did. I meant to message it
                    Michael

Comment

I don't have a problem with floating. The hole in the plastic ball is off center. I have other swivels but there not as natural. If that makes sense
                      Michael

Comment

yeah that makes sense, I only use ballhook swivels, they work the best for me, hitting from different angles and moving around the platform. I have four extra plastic balls that are not off center and will send one out with the bass ball S-hook assembly, if you want more than one plastic ball let me know...ralph

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                          I feel from testing the bass vs the steel, the steel is faster and smoother. On another note I also found out that a polished steel ball creates more stiction compared to a steel ball that's not polished and smooth, it doesn't make sense but the smooth seems to suck it's self into the base swivel, this is from testing the three balls, bass, smooth steel ball and not so smooth steel balls on a classic Everlast metal swivel, plastic Everlast swivel and dee's swivel...ralph
                          Wow, what an interesting observation. I never would have guessed that. Thanks for doing some testing and letting us know.

fedora

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mike View Post
                            I don't have a problem with floating. The hole in the plastic ball is off center. I have other swivels but there not as natural. If that makes sense
                            ...hey mike, I mailed that off today and from reading the USPS receipt, it says (delivery day thu 12/12/13) ...ralph

Comment

Another bass ball & S-hook assembly for free
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...
                              X