• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimcaher
    • Feb 2010

Powermill/Ringside bags

My 2 cents:
    As everyone else said, the Powermill is a thing of beauty. Even if you never mounted the swivel, it would be nice just to hold and look at. Contrary to my expectations, the noise from the swivel is not offensive. And of course, its action is smooth as silk. Ryan also made me 5 balls to use with Everlast plastic bases and hooks. They work lilke a charm. To my surprise, I've left the full metal Powermill mounted instead of remounting my favorite plastic/metal swivel.

Received the Ringside "11 x 8" and the 7 x 4 bags. The larger bag actually measures 10 x 7. Very high quality. Both in their own way are fun. The 10x7 is not as cllunky as I remember other large bags, and the 7 x4 has more mass (although its circumference is less) than than the Atomic XS, making it much more satisfying to hit than the Atomic, which feels lilke air punching. Ralph's committment to customer service is great. It's a bit of a challenge to switch between these two bags during the same session.

As an aside, it seems like everyone on the list has improved dramatically over the past seven months. I really started to see improvement after SB 1. Wonder if it's an inspiriation thing.

Jim
    Last edited by jimcaher; 02-02-2011, 06:28 PM.
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Good to know

Thanks for the info on the Ringside bags! I'm always interested in how other bags perform. I have both the atomics and I like them alot but it does seem like a bit more heft would be beneficial. Thanks for postin!
    Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• ssdvc
      • Oct 2010

I just got my XS Ringside from Ralph yesterday. Man, that bag is skinny ! I like these Ringside bags from Ralph, as they have more substance to them and they rebound nicely and track where you hit them.

As soon as I can free up some extra money, I think I am going to get a spare or two.
      ________
      COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
      Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Ralph, you've made a lot of people happy around here. Good work !

Comment

• RP65
          • Jan 2011

Ralph here, still have a few bags left. If interested forum members can PM or email me, all others can email me @ ralphponce65@hotmail.com for more info.
          ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• toolboxdiver
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2008

I definatly give Ralph RP65 for his great customer service and great bags

Also Jumpcannon gets for his awesome swivel and machine work

Big thanks to both for your attention to detail

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
              Received the Ringside "11 x 8" and the 7 x 4 bags. The larger bag actually measures 10 x 7. Very high quality. Both in their own way are fun. The 10x7 is not as cllunky as I remember other large bags, and the 7 x4 has more mass (although its circumference is less) than than the Atomic XS, making it much more satisfying to hit than the Atomic, which feels lilke air punching. Ralph's committment to customer service is great. It's a bit of a challenge to switch between these two bags during the same session.
              Makes it interesting , doesn't it?! 10x7 to a 7x4 is a big leap in the same session

As an aside, it seems like everyone on the list has improved dramatically over the past seven months. I really started to see improvement after SB 1. Wonder if it's an inspiriation thing.
              Mission accomplished The goal of this web site was to help people get better. Sounds like it is working.

Comment

• Bagster
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jimcaher View Post
                My 2 cents:
                As everyone else said, the Powermill is a thing of beauty. Even if you never mounted the swivel, it would be nice just to hold and look at. Contrary to my expectations, the noise from the swivel is not offensive. And of course, its action is smooth as silk. Ryan also made me 5 balls to use with Everlast plastic bases and hooks. They work lilke a charm. To my surprise, I've left the full metal Powermill mounted instead of remounting my favorite plastic/metal swivel.

Jim
                Ditto to that.

I just received mine yesterday and am way impressed. Nice workmanship JC.

The only thing is, is that mine seems to want to helicopter alot, must be a defect of some sort ( just kidding). Boy this is going to take some getting use to. I would think it would make a person become a more accurate hitter once you get use to it (hopefully that doesn't take to long). That chain link I was using was sure more forgiving when I would hit incorrectly. Its definately set me back some but I can see the benifits already when it comes to the multidirectional hits. Practice, practice, practice.
                Bagster

Comment

• breakfast
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jul 2011

This post has been somewhat of a revelation to me.

Comment

• fingers
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • May 2008

I wonder if that breakfast includes !!SPAM!!

Comment

• Dutchman
                      Speed Bag Historian
                      • Jun 2006

"But I don't like SPAM!"

Comment

• jus1975
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Jul 2011

where can I get this swivel and bag

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jus1975 View Post
                          where can I get this swivel and bag
                          You can get the Powermill swivel by emailing (PM) Jumpcannon here on the forum. Best swivel I've seen in my 40 years of hitting the speed bag.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...