• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Narragansett Platform - $4750 opening bid - Middle Point, OH

Found on eBay,

No ship, Sherlock. Must pick up in Middle Point, Ohio.

• Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

They weren't inexpensive. In an era when you could buy a platform from the Sears catalog for ten dollars, these were undoubtedly at least two hundred dollars,plus shipping.

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      They weren't inexpensive. In an era when you could buy a platform from the Sears catalog for ten dollars, these were undoubtedly at least two hundred dollars,plus shipping.
      And in today's dollars?

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

I'd consider driving to Ohio for $4750.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Bag Man
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Found on eBay,

No ship, Sherlock. Must pick up in Middle Point, Ohio.

This one is in fairly good original condition. It is missing the wood mounting blocks. The original bottom one has a cut out to accommodate the worm gear. These are easily replaced. The NMW sticker which would be on the drum face is also gone (or perhaps under the bag). This is not unusual. I'm on the fence if the lag bolts affixing the drum to the arms are original. They appear to be of the correct vintage, although the other examples I have seen have screws. The slight pulling away of the wood around the rim is not unusual. The japaning a bit worn.

All and all a nice unrestored piece if you are in the market. The starting bid does not seem that unreasonable.

Steve
          "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...