Steel ball-hook assemblies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel ball-hook assemblies

I have three steel ball-hook assemblies fabricated up and ready to sell Click image for larger version

Name:	20220713_010700.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	128523

Just queries, did a zoom in on the ball, is that a helicoil holding hook?

Comment

Recessed Allen set screw I would say.

Comment

As the Dutchman said it's a setscrew, So parts can be replaced as needed if they ever wear out, 1/4 inch eyebolt and 1/4 inch S-hook

Comment

Clearly the Dutchman is right about the setscrew but I am talking about the eye bolt that holds the s-hook where it is screwed in to the ball.

Comment

Ah yes, there does appear to be an insert there, Ralph?

Comment

That is a brass bushing (insert), and yes the eyebolt has makeshift threads on it, but it's not threaded into the ball, the makeshift threads on the eyebolt are there so the setscrew can dig into and bite in order for the eyebolt to stay put. I have only two available from the picture but I can fabricate more if asked to.
              Last edited by ventanakaz; 07-15-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm just trying to draw a mental image and I'm a little slow. So, what I see is that the set-screw is the only thing holding the eye bolt? Am I wrong about that?

Comment

Originally posted by dad View Post
                  Sorry, I'm just trying to draw a mental image and I'm a little slow. So, what I see is that the set-screw is the only thing holding the eye bolt? Am I wrong about that?
                  You are exactly right, Just like the everlast setup to where they have the setscrew holding the eyebolt & hook in place, Mine is the same

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...
                    X