Vintage Sears 1412 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Sears 1412 for sale

Selling one of my Vintage Sears 1412 speed bags, You can see the great condition it's in for a really old bag added two pictures for reference, One next to a roni 6x9 bag, and the other next to a Everlast 4200 Kangaroo bag.
    Attached Files

The Sears bags are well made, nicely finished. This can be dated post 1961,, or 64 (there is some disagreement as to when the brand was fully retired) as that was when they started using the Ted Williams name on their golf line, and the retired the J.C.Higgins brand which had been used on the entire sporting goods line since 1908. Finding one that doesn't bear the mark of a bag that was used on a rebound ring is rare, as Sears sold a lot of those as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      The Sears bags are well made, nicely finished. This can be dated post 1961,, or 64 (there is some disagreement as to when the brand was fully retired) as that was when they started using the Ted Williams name on their golf line, and the retired the J.C.Higgins brand which had been used on the entire sporting goods line since 1908. Finding one that doesn't bear the mark of a bag that was used on a rebound ring is rare, as Sears sold a lot of those as well.
      I actually have two of these, and was gonna sell both but when I threw one on the hook again, I changed my mind because I forgot how much I like this particular Sears bag, in my view it's not to big or to small and is a great bag to learn new hits (combos) on the speed bag, Of course I shortened the loop because some of these old vintage bags have loops that are to long and mask the true potential of these Vintage bags

Comment

Since no one showed any interest and after modifications to the other Sears bag, I decided to keep this bag and use it for back up if the other one ever wears out, After Mods the bag hits Awesome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Interesting about the paracord use , can you make a thread detailing how & why you did that??? Thanks!

Comment

Did someone here buy it? Hope it's going to someone who will use it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...
            X