X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninja420
    replied
    my new setup!

I finaly got some time so I built my self a platform for my room. And let me tell you guys it is GREAT! The board is a 1 inch pine round and a 1 inch oak table top. The frame is just a box made from 1 1/2" square tube so simple it hurts. There is no sand on it right now and it dosent vibrate at all! even with that huge bag.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DOrr
    replied
    Great Idea.

Sandbags on top of the platform sounds like a great idea.

Thanks bro.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
    I ain't sappy but it took me a whole day to register that Alan Kahn approved of my rudimentary technique. Without sounding stereotypical, Viva el Internet!
    The way you perform your method of trap-pinning the bag, mixed in with punching combo's, is not rudimentary. It is a skilled way to use the bag and your videos demonstrates superb timing. You are well trained in that area.

Leave a comment:

• jaguiler
    replied
    metal is stronger - but will vibrate more - due to less material needed to be on the frame. wood can be built up pretty thick - the thicker the strong and the more absorbent of sound that it will be. You got me thinking now.... maybe I will make a all wood frame too.... although I do have a nice welding setup in the garage....

Leave a comment:

• SupergeZ
    replied
    does a wooden speedbag frame have a comparible stability to a metal one? i was going to create mine from metal, but it would be a ball ache haaving to get it all drilled and welded at a worshop. i would prefer to use wood if its as good? iff not then no matter, will stick to metal

Leave a comment:

• Jonzel
    replied
    here's my home made setup - simple yet practical
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• hispanicmakingpanic
    replied
    Humbled

I ain't sappy but it took me a whole day to register that Alan Kahn approved of my rudimentary technique. Without sounding stereotypical, Viva el Internet!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    The trap-pining style is very effective with a higher bag. It is a difficult and skillful workout. Do not underestimate the skill it takes to do this. HispanicMakingPanic has very good timing and eye-hand coordination, and I imagine he could change to another style quite easily.

Leave a comment:

• jaguiler
    replied
    yes it seems as if you have more of a fighting/boxing style, while we focus on the tricks and exercise... I guess both means come to the same end... just different styles.... looks good regardless....
    let us know what style you are aiming for and I am sure everyone can lend a hand if needed..... otherwise I think you are looking good ....

Leave a comment:

• hispanicmakingpanic
    replied
    bag height

I don't really think my bag is too high, but I could be wrong. I noticed that most baggers tend to stand still and change the angle of the strike with little hand movement and even less body movement. I would imagine this is the reason your bag should be placed at a perfect height to maximize response time? In my case, I tend to move around the bag for my angles, and I adjust for the rebound which may compensate for the height of my platform. In either case I hope to learn from all of you and your unique styles and will adjust accordingly. Thank you sir.

Leave a comment:

• jaguiler
    replied
    Is your bag mounted high ? too high ? although it seems as if this is the style of hitting you prefer...just curious..

Leave a comment:

• hispanicmakingpanic
    replied
    Homemade platforms

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.
    Thank you Tim. I'm new at all this, but I'm thrilled to join your site. Here now is my homemade setup.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8q1_YLSQQ)
    Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 05-08-2007, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
    Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.
    Welcome to the forums... the attachment didn't come through. It's a pretty common mistake to forget to hit "upload" after you browse to the file.

Leave a comment:

• hispanicmakingpanic
    replied
    speedbag medley

Here is my homemade platform. It is made of 2x4 studs. Works perfect.

Leave a comment:

• ninja420
    replied
    my feelings were hurt in no way Chris and thank you for your complements on the plaform I built, it means alot to me.

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...