X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaz View Post

I saw that you use what you call your cheat board to write exercises. What a good idea! I installed a chalkboard near my platform today. Now it's a lot easier to follow the exercises and it keep me focused on what i want to practice. I just need to remind myself to go slower...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tableau.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	115947
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post

I have that problem too. I’m slowly learning how to dial it back and just master the techniques before incorporating them in combinations. My early clips are ugly, you can see I’m just muscling through it, trying to catch up with the bag. As the clips progress and I get more comfortable. I’m making an effort to beat the bag to the next spot, rather than chase it.

Around the time I started trying side hits and elbows I realized if I got comfortable with the techniques before I tried to link them in, it was much easier. The learning curve is much shorter, IMO. I’ll spend a week on a new technique sometimes before trying to link it in with my other junk. I usually ask myself ‘If Mr. Kahn saw this what would he think?’ the answer is ‘ slow down....make sure your hands stay up (strike down at the bag) and pay attention to how far they drift away from the bag.’ Of course he is always right
    I saw that you use what you call your cheat board to write exercises. What a good idea! I installed a chalkboard near my platform today. Now it's a lot easier to follow the exercises and it keep me focused on what i want to practice. I just need to remind myself to go slower...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tableau.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	115947

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    Pretty good run there, nice tempo changes speeding up and slowing down very under control! Especially if you have just started working on this riff this week.
    A good nights sleep does work wonders.. When it's real good after a hard week I notice when I'm fresh on a weekend morning I am taller to the bag even..
    Hell yeah Rusty, can't wait to see this at the Pro level!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    It looks to me like you are about ready to turn "Pro"

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Day three of practicing the exercises on the cheat board. At this point I’m at practice speed, slowly linking them in with other basic punches. It’s amazing what a good nights sleep will do. That’s when the magic happens. By the weekend I plan to be tightening up that (FDP)’(S-RDP) at the end and going immediately into a R-Roll.

Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 10-01-2019, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaz View Post

Nice! That's how i should practice! Every time i try to learn a new combination, i go too fast and try to integrate it in my daily routine even when i'm not ready to do it.
    I have that problem too. I’m slowly learning how to dial it back and just master the techniques before incorporating them in combinations. My early clips are ugly, you can see I’m just muscling through it, trying to catch up with the bag. As the clips progress and I get more comfortable. I’m making an effort to beat the bag to the next spot, rather than chase it.

Around the time I started trying side hits and elbows I realized if I got comfortable with the techniques before I tried to link them in, it was much easier. The learning curve is much shorter, IMO. I’ll spend a week on a new technique sometimes before trying to link it in with my other junk. I usually ask myself ‘If Mr. Kahn saw this what would he think?’ the answer is ‘ slow down....make sure your hands stay up (strike down at the bag) and pay attention to how far they drift away from the bag.’ Of course he is always right
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 09-30-2019, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by LouisvilleBagr View Post
    A little bible study this morning. I’m hoping to order a hard copy soon to reference page numbers. These exercises are at the 66% mark on the kindle. This is day two of practicing this. Still need to tighten up the side hit, I have a tendency to drift it more towards a reverse hit.

Nice! That's how i should practice! Every time i try to learn a new combination, i go too fast and try to integrate it in my daily routine even when i'm not ready to do it.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    A little bible study this morning. I’m hoping to order a hard copy soon to reference page numbers. These exercises are at the 66% mark on the kindle. This is day two of practicing this. Still need to tighten up the side hit, I have a tendency to drift it more towards a reverse hit.

You can see what I’m attempting written out on my cheat board pictured below. **Bonus points to anyone who can spot the one mistake I made on the cheat board

Attached Files
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 10-01-2019, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    Another attempt at notation. This is what I came up with for the above exercise. I do notice sometimes I'm sneaking in an extra punch before the two rebounds linking the RDP, but I think I'm close?

If anyone gets a wild hair, feel free for proof read. I'm interested to see how far off I am.
    Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 09-02-2019, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    This afternoon I'm trying almost the same elbow strike exercise I've been doing recently with the 4213. I'm attempting to eliminate the two rebounds I've been allowing for time to switch arms.

Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-31-2019, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LouisvilleBagr
    replied
    I'm cracking on this newly acquired 4213 with the original plastic bladder this afternoon. Honestly, I think I like it better than the new bladders. I would have never guessed that. It feels lighter and faster. Or it could be the batch, I guess? I notice this one has the Gyro logo, rather than the Olympic logo. Maybe someone wiser than I can speak to that?

Last edited by LouisvilleBagr; 08-28-2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Yeah, in fact I've got him baggin', he's a natural! I might order him an Arc for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    So your saying Santa is Canadian??

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cazbag View Post
    and during the winter all the time pretty much.
    I live four houses down from Santa and I never wrap my hands.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    Roger that! Most of the time I'm gloved when hitting the 4200 I have, and during the winter all the time pretty much. Cold bags and dry skin splits me open pretty good but another layer of skin certainly helps!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...