Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    epoxy resin
    Any updates? Wondering how much vibration you get with this setup. My concern would be the end closes to your head may vibrate since it is flat steel. But given the thickness of the steel it may be alright.

Comment

Sorry, I have been busy with other things like east coast spring, and also gathering the right tools to install EZ-Lok threaded inserts into the drum.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

@ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Looks really nice. Well done.

Comment

Holy hell that looks like art.

Comment

Very nice! Great color!

Comment

That swivel looks very... peculiar.... familiar but not. The red trim rocks, good theme.

Comment

Mother of Christmas, Rusty! That l00ks fantastic!!! The elephant in room; the swivel.
                  Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

Have The Autographs To Prove It!

Comment

That setup is awesome. This is giving me some ideas.

What did you use to attach the drum to the bracket? Got any pics? I'm assuming some kind of threaded insert.

Comment

EZ-Lok threaded inserts, 5/16"-18. I'll post some pics eventually.
                      @ArcSwivel
                      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I didn't get a pic with the inserts driven in before mounting. The EZ-Lok brass inserts are just over 1/2" long, and the mounting bolts are 1" long. The platform is 2" thick, so I had plenty of depth to work with and not drill through to the bag side. The eye bolts are leftover from hoisting the drum up to the brackets for mounting.

@ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Any video of it in action? Looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by morphiusrt View Post
                            Any updates? Wondering how much vibration you get with this setup. My concern would be the end closes to your head may vibrate since it is flat steel. But given the thickness of the steel it may be alright.
                            Sadly, there is a bit too much flex and vibration. I was hoping the curved plate braces on the sides would minimize the flex. I'm surprised at how much flex there is, considering the bar is 3/8" thick. I'll post my design soon, and maybe we can figure out how it can be improved.
                            @ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

This was my design

@ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Perhaps if you could add another piece of .375 flatbar to each of the wall and drum runners making them angle irons and connect the wall pieces diagonally as well as drum pieces surely she would stiffen up?

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...
                                X