X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by dad View Post
    Nice piece of work. Would like to hear how it sounds.
    If you get a chance please post.
    I need a youtube account to post videos on this forum. I don't plan to create one in near future. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• dad
    replied
    Great work

Nice piece of work. Would like to hear how it sounds.
    If you get a chance please post.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagger D View Post
    I know you said it was a gift but do you know how much and were she got it from? If not no biggie, was just curious.
    The mapple block was made by a cabinetmaker who lives near my home. I think my girlfriend paid it 180$

Leave a comment:

• Bagger D
    replied
    I know you said it was a gift but do you know how much and were she got it from? If not no biggie, was just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
    That mapple block is awesome! Have you thought to put some oil or some another finisher to make it really shine
    Thank you! I have put 4 coat of satin varnish on the mapple block. I didn't want it to shine too much because i wanted the wood to look the more natural possible.

Leave a comment:

• mirokiuru
    replied
    That mapple block is awesome! Have you thought to put some oil or some another finisher to make it really shine

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    I can't really tell what kind of swivel you are using now. It will help if you could measure the hole pattern. My Arc Swivel is designed to fit the modern Everlast pattern. I posted the exact dimensions in another thread here somewhere.
    For now i use the Title lightning fast swivel. I measured it and it has the same hole pattern as the modern Everlast

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I can't really tell what kind of swivel you are using now. It will help if you could measure the hole pattern. My Arc Swivel is designed to fit the modern Everlast pattern. I posted the exact dimensions in another thread here somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by COOP View Post
    I have the same CA-53. Those new bushings are nice, can I ask where you got them?
    Thank you! I had them made in a machine shop.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Very nice upgrade! I like the look of the new maple disc.

When you are ready for a ball hook swivel, they are not hard to find any more.
    Thank you! The Arc Swivel looks great! The fact that you are doing this for charity is incredibly kind of you! I love dogs and i have a lot a respect for people who protects them. I’ll send you a private message as soon as i feel ready to change my swivel!

Leave a comment:

• COOP
    replied
    I have the same CA-53. Those new bushings are nice, can I ask where you got them?

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Very nice upgrade! I like the look of the new maple disc.

When you are ready for a ball hook swivel, they are not hard to find any more.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    started a topic Modified Valor CA-53 speed bag platform

Modified Valor CA-53 speed bag platform

A couple of months ago i bought a Valor CA-53 speed bag platform. I was satisfied with it but my girlfriend gave me a bigger maple board as a gift!!! I was super happy but i was afraid that the plastic bushings won’t hold up because of the added weight. (the maple board weight 60 Ibs, the MDF board 20 lbs) I replaced them for bigger bushings made of PTFE. They are much more solid than the plastic bushings.

I changed the Valor CA-9 swivel for the Title lightning fast swivel. I bought a U-bolt because ball hook swivel are hard to find and seem very rare.

The bag i use the most is a Rival 9 x 6. I like it a lot more than the Pro-Mex Victoria. It’s faster, better balanced and easier to control. My next bag will probably be a Ringside heritage or a Cleto Reyes.

Below are some before and after pics:
    Attached Files
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...