Rock Steady Boxing First Annual Coach-Con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Steady Boxing First Annual Coach-Con

I had the honor of appearing Thursday Sept 6th at the first annual Rock Steady Boxing Coaching conference in Philadelphia PA.

http://www.cvent.com/events/2018-roc...4ee0232a3.aspx

Here is a Recap of the event...

http://www.xplorinc.com/blog/2018/09...ach-con-recap/

Some pictures are below. I want to thank The Rock Steady Boxing Organization for including the Speed Bag as a featured activity presentation for the 250+ coaches, - AND - a Giant THANK YOU to BalazsBoxing for once again sending the only "Rock Steady" free standing floor frame, the USBS-1

Coaches from all over America and 8 foreign countries came together to experience numerous professional and insightful speakers on a variety of activities and topics concerning Parkinson's disease, exercise/boxing/training tips as well as organizing, promoting and expanding a Rock Steady Boxing Program (RSB) in your respective community. This was one of the greatest moments and highlights of my personal speed bag career, for I have long believed that speed bag punching could be a vital part of a rehabilitation program. I had a blast, and it's happening again next year in Pheonix, Arizona!

If you notice a RSB program in your area, or IF you are interested in visiting, volunteering to help, you can search their program locations here https://www.rocksteadyboxing.org/find-a-class/ and see if there is one near you. They LOVE to have knowledgeable speed baggers come in and demonstrate/teach some speed bag.
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

More pictures from Coach-Con18
    Attached Files
    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

A few more from Philly
      Attached Files
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

We knew them when they were just the one facility. Heartening to see how they've grown. Glad you're a part of it. Bag on!

Comment

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          We knew them when they were just the one facility. Heartening to see how they've grown. Glad you're a part of it. Bag on!
          Speed Bag Gathering 2 or 3...can't remember (I'm pretty sure it was #2 in 2011) raised money for RSB probgram from the silent auction we held. Had about 8 Balazs I-box systems for bidding....
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Wow Alan, a lot of great pictures there, looks like you had a great time. Love the Rocky shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              Wow Alan, a lot of great pictures there, looks like you had a great time. Love the Rocky shot.
              I remember when they had that statue right outside the Philadelphia Spectrum back in the day. I was a huge fan of the Rocky movie (still am), and it was such a thrill to be there where they filmed. For many years, everyone hated that statue like it was a joke or eye sore and they moved it around. I never understood, it is a really nice statue.

-Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

RSB Xplor inc video review

Here is a video review of the Rock Steady Boxing 1st annual Coach-Con in Philadelphia

(theme: Rocky 1, Final Bell)

https://vimeo.com/290963458/293231cf01

Thanks Xplore inc.
                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

THE 10th Year Reunion!

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

So glad you were able to be part of the Coach Con! It was great meeting you there ... and seeing the pictures of above of us together on stage!

Comment

Indeed, great event and photos! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                    X