• Show
Clear All

• rdshackleford
    replied
    wow! Nice!

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied

If this video gives anybody any ideas - GREAT! You won't regret it! I'm sleeping there tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Thrasher
    replied
    Yep, that settles that, gotta make an outdoor platform now.... yep yep

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    That is an awesome speedbag area!!! I would love to go to a barbecue at your house.

Leave a comment:

• Cazbag
    replied
    Nice job BagBoy that looks friggin great. That would hard to just walk by!

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    awesome! more pics, please. I really want to get an outdoor platform. I have been kicking around ideas, nothing crystallized yet. maybe combined with a garden arbor. or with an adult swingset. maybe hardwood finished with high gloss marine varnish. maybe something that does not look like gym equipment until you hang a bag on it.

Leave a comment:

• Zaz
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    Got rid of the original platform out on the deck and built this guy. Free standing and solid as a rock equip with arc. I love this thing so much that I've found myself standing under it on a rainy day. Hmm better re-stain that deck. Eeeks
    Very nice setup!

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Got rid of the original platform out on the deck and built this guy. Free standing and solid as a rock equip with arc. I love this thing so much that I've found myself standing under it on a rainy day. Hmm better re-stain that deck. Eeeks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    Being well north of the border I only expect to get about 6-7 months a year of outdoor bagging weather.

I've had this combo heavy bag - speed bag platform for awhile now and couldn't sell it, to anyone! So I cut off the heavy bag part of the unit and filled all the metal tubing full of sand (two sanbags worth) to help stabilize the stand alone unit. I have four of the everlast U-hooks so I'm using one of those, no way I'm letting a good ball hook risk any rust out there. And side hits on these platforms are not what they're designed for.

Anyways it's a little unsightly with the bricks but they sure do help. Also attatched a pine round with a 4" hole in the center to recess the swivel making it faster to the prison issue platform that comes with the unit. That all make sense?

Works really well for U bolt action style.

PS: wife hasn't seen it yet

On that U-Bolt, I would put a thin strip of tape around the bag loop to pull it tight onto the bar. pictured here....http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/speedbag_swivels#C

That way, if you want to hit from the side, OR if the swivel happens to rotate to put the "bar" into the punch, and not the "U", the bag won't slide down that bar.

# Most of the time these U-Bolts are fine when your fist makes contact looking at the open "U", (The "U" Side..) and the force of the punch doesn't slide the bag down the bar, but when your fist makes contact from the "bar" side ( " | " ), the force will have that open bag loop slide down the bar....)

The pictures on the link show some of that..Hope it helps.

Last edited by Speedbag; 08-01-2019, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

If only there was a good ball hook swivel made from stainless steel and polymers that could withstand an outdoor environment...

-Rusty
    Yeah. If only....

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Dix
    replied
    I am thinking about an outdoor setup any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RosemaryPitre
    replied
    Have the neighbors looked over your fence yet, pondering where that "commotion originate from"? be that as it may, at any rate wonderful occupation! DIY ventures are alway fun and fulfilling

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but I'm not quite ready to sell them yet. From the buyer's perspective, I need to complete some testing first. The selling side adds more complexity.

-Rusty
    Hardly being a jerk. If it were my creation I'd want it be the best I could possibly make it.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but I'm not quite ready to sell them yet. From the buyer's perspective, I need to complete some testing first. The selling side adds more complexity.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• mirokiuru
    replied
    I’m not sure I like the name UFO swivel.
    I think the name could be Shackleford Swivels! Its pronounceable and have old school sounding name, and lets be honest, if you create new swivel it should be named by the creator Same whit the new animal species and new planets

And! Im also curious where baggers can purchase your swivels

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...