X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Alan, I have a new, unused, unpunched 4200 kidskin with original red plastic bladder, made in USA, that holds air. Wanna make me an offer?

-Rusty
    your bag. Give me a price... via PM.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    ...My favorite of all was 4200, 9x6 back in the day (70's -80's)...(
    Alan, I have a new, unused, unpunched 4200 kidskin with original red plastic bladder, made in USA, that holds air. Wanna make me an offer?

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    ... The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum....
    Actually, I bought that 4201 on eBay as new in box. And I only punched it a few times. I don't think I even put any mink oil on that one. It was perfect, like fresh out of a time capsule.

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    Ok thanks to a member here for a great deal on an Everlast 4201. Now I finally have assembled all of the Everlast Professional series speed bags. These are in my opinion some of the best Everlast bags ever made, especially the older version made in the USA. The older made in the USA bags seem to have even nicer leather than some of the newer Made in the USA bags.

From Left to Right:
    4202 (Made in China), 4202 Made in USA, 4201 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4204 Made in USA

The made in China 4202 has the worst leather of the bunch. It is pebbled and not nearly as nice as the other bags. The made in the USA 4202 has nicer leather but as you can see it is a bit beat up from age and use.

The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum.

The two 4200's are both in good shape, but the one on the right has nicer leather and you can see its shape is a little different than the newer 4200. The older 4200 starts to get fatter more towards the top and is one of my favorite bags. Its fast and has a pleasant fat boy shape that I like.

Now my journey to find Everlast Professional Kangaroo bags will prove to be much more difficult. The seem to pop up on eBay only a couple to few times a year.
    Awesome grouping. Those were some of the best bags ever to grace a fist. My favorite of all was 4200, 9x6 back in the day (70's -80's)

,..... later in the mid 1990's I got into the 8x5 sizes and kind of missed the 4204's when they were available.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 05-20-2018, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    The vintage 4202 is one of my favorite bags. Very similar to the red 4213, and I'd have trouble saying which one I like more.

I can't tell from your pic, but is your vintage 4202 from this era, or earlier?

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    That is really cool! That picture would make for a nice computer wallpaper. I've never hit on anything other than the modern day bags I have but perhaps someday, I'll manage to get some old classics like those.

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    started a topic Everlast Professional "Kids"

Everlast Professional "Kids"

Ok thanks to a member here for a great deal on an Everlast 4201. Now I finally have assembled all of the Everlast Professional series speed bags. These are in my opinion some of the best Everlast bags ever made, especially the older version made in the USA. The older made in the USA bags seem to have even nicer leather than some of the newer Made in the USA bags.

From Left to Right:
    4202 (Made in China), 4202 Made in USA, 4201 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4200 Made in USA, 4204 Made in USA

The made in China 4202 has the worst leather of the bunch. It is pebbled and not nearly as nice as the other bags. The made in the USA 4202 has nicer leather but as you can see it is a bit beat up from age and use.

The 4201 was restored to an incredible condition by Tom here on our forum.

The two 4200's are both in good shape, but the one on the right has nicer leather and you can see its shape is a little different than the newer 4200. The older 4200 starts to get fatter more towards the top and is one of my favorite bags. Its fast and has a pleasant fat boy shape that I like.

Now my journey to find Everlast Professional Kangaroo bags will prove to be much more difficult. The seem to pop up on eBay only a couple to few times a year.
    Attached Files
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...