Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaja6009
    replied
    As much as I'd love to have it, this one is getting out of hand. Wait until the final 10 minutes. Could we see a $300 price? In all of my browsing the internet the only bag that tops $400 is a Kill Spencer black leather speed bag.

Leave a comment:

• BagBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    Actually, another one showed up on eBay, new in box!

-Rusty
    Currently at $204. About doubled since yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    your bag. Give me a price... via PM.

Actually, another one showed up on eBay, new in box!

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    It's more like that one yes. Here's closeups of both.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    That bag appears to be from the first generation of the pro line, which seems to have been introduced in the early to mid 1950's. Prior to this Everlast pretty much sold to the gyms and trainers. They weren't trying to compete with the likes of Spalding, Rawlings , Hutchison, et all for the home fitness market.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    The vintage 4202 is pretty old. The leather is different, the shape is different. I'd say it is probably from when the Professional line first started with kidskin.

Hopefully our speed bag historian will chime in with his knowledge.
    Jaja, do you think it might be one of these?

I sold this one because it was dead. How does yours hit?

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Bag Man
    replied
    I was asking about his vintage bag, not his china bag. I did say vintage, right?

-Rusty
    Like I said, I'll try and do better in the future.

BTW: This is a forum the discusses hitting a leather bag filled with air, correct?

Just saying.

Bag Man

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    Originally posted by Bag Man View Post
    Not sure there is a "mystery." I thought you were asking if your bag was later/earlier than the 4202 on the far left in the OP's pic. Obviously it is earlier as your bag is made in the USA and the other made in the China. I guess I didn't read the posts closely enough. I will try and do better in the future.

Steve
    I was asking about his vintage bag, not his china bag. I did say vintage, right?

-Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Bag Man
    replied
    where is the mystery?
    Not sure there is a "mystery." I thought you were asking if your bag was later/earlier than the 4202 on the far left in the OP's pic. Obviously it is earlier as your bag is made in the USA and the other made in the China. I guess I didn't read the posts closely enough. I will try and do better in the future.

Steve
    Last edited by Bag Man; 05-31-2018, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rdshackleford
    replied
    I was referring to the OP's 4202 which is on the far left of his pic. There is no made in the USA stencil on that bag as far as I can tell. I thought the comparison was being made to the OPs bag which appears to me to be a newre Made in China version.

Steve
    Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
    ...4202 (Made in China), ...
    where is the mystery?

Leave a comment:

• REB
    replied
    I was referring to the OP's 4202 which is on the far left of his pic. There is no made in the USA stencil on that bag as far as I can tell. I thought the comparison was being made to the OPs bag which appears to me to be a newre Made in China version.

Steve

Oh....Ok. I was going by the 4202 pic shown in your post. I did not see the pic with the non Made in USA 4202...thanks for clarifying

Leave a comment:

• Bag Man
    replied
    Originally posted by REB View Post
    The Made in USA stencil is right under the EverLast stencil

Steve

Leave a comment:

• jaja6009
    replied
    The vintage 4202 is one of my favorite bags. Very similar to the red 4213, and I'd have trouble saying which one I like more.

I can't tell from your pic, but is your vintage 4202 from this era, or earlier?

-Rusty
    The vintage 4202 is pretty old. The leather is different, the shape is different. I'd say it is probably from when the Professional line first started with kidskin.

Hopefully our speed bag historian will chime in with his knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• REB
    replied
    I'd guess later. It does not appear to be made in the USA.

Bag Man
    The Made in USA stencil is right under the EverLast stencil
    Last edited by REB; 05-27-2018, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bag Man
    replied
    The vintage 4202 is one of my favorite bags. Very similar to the red 4213, and I'd have trouble saying which one I like more.

I can't tell from your pic, but is your vintage 4202 from this era, or earlier?

-Rusty
    I'd guess later. It does not appear to be made in the USA.

Bag Man

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...