• Show
Clear All

• Papa's got a brand new bag (bags)

Old bags and new

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Nice

Comment

Good stuff

What's the scoop on the Golden Gloves bag? (I like the looks of it the most)

Comment

I saw the macgregor lot, had it in my watch list. I'm glad we didn't bid against each other.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Man Christmas in August. A lot of really nice looking bags both new and old! How do you like the Tuf-Wears? There are two of em on eBay for a while but the price is too high for me at $109 each. And I gotta agree, that Ringside Golden Gloves bag looks pretty awesome.

Comment

Papa's got another brand new bag

Comment

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
              Man Christmas in August. A lot of really nice looking bags both new and old! How do you like the Tuf-Wears? There are two of em on eBay for a while but the price is too high for me at $109 each. And I gotta agree, that Ringside Golden Gloves bag looks pretty awesome.
              Yes I seen those $109 dollar bags, and they look like one of my Tuf-Wear bags Which is extremely slow, They sure wouldn't be good for bible baggin, That guy better bring that price way down, it takes a lot of muscle to keep those bags going, it's the slowest bag in my Corral. As for the Ringside Golden Gloves bag, The leather is a tad thicker than the Ringside Heritage and it's not as fast but it's a great quality bag and the welting is soft and won't hurt your hands, BTW They put to small of a bladder in the Golden Gloves bag, and it didn't fill the space of the neck of the bag, it made the neck flop around as you hit the bag, But once I put a medium title orange replacement bladder in, that fixed the problem and the bladder filled the space of the neck, Am i glad I got the bag, YES.

Comment

The original Tuf Wear bags are slow, regardless of the size. I have a VSB112 and a S109. The former has a factory bladder in it, the latter has a Title orange bladder. The 112 is a 7x10, the 109 is 10x14, the latter is faster than the former. From the looks of it they used a really heavy duty leather. Their original bladders are not bad tho (I used to buy their # 3 bladders for my Everlast 4205's and 4207's and they worked well in them).

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  The original Tuf Wear bags are slow, regardless of the size. I have a VSB112 and a S109. The former has a factory bladder in it, the latter has a Title orange bladder. The 112 is a 7x10, the 109 is 10x14, the latter is faster than the former. From the looks of it they used a really heavy duty leather. Their original bladders are not bad tho (I used to buy their # 3 bladders for my Everlast 4205's and 4207's and they worked well in them).
                  ...If you look at one of the two bags you can see it has an address on it of Sydney, NE. The ones on ebay have that same address on those bags, Well mine with that address is extremely slow and like you said Dutchman the leather is very thick and also the lining is the same as some old school bags (white cotton woven lining) Now my other Tuf-Wear bag as you can see doesn't have that address on it and the lining is more of the modern nylon lining, also the leather is thinner, and the bag is lighter and faster, So this tells me one bag is older than the other and this also tells me that at one point Tuf-Wear sold out, and I have one made in america and the other I have no idea where it was made.

Comment

I have a TUF-WEAR...With "Official Supplier to the USA Boxing Team" PS-117 11"x 8" stenciled on it. I think the PS could stand for Piece of Shit

Black with light blue welts

Comment

Originally posted by REB View Post
                      I have a TUF-WEAR...With "Official Supplier to the USA Boxing Team" PS-117 11"x 8" stenciled on it. I think the PS could stand for Piece of Shit

Black with light blue welts
                      ...is the leather thick and what lining does it have ?

Comment

I would surmise that with the blue welting it's one of the newer models

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                          ...is the leather thick and what lining does it have ?
                          I have not looked at this bag closely in over 6 mos. It is actually a thin stiff durahide styled material with a nylon lining and a very thick cream colored latex bladder.

It is now going to be filled with sand and beat on that way . I do not even remember buying the thing lol. In my defense this was purchased back in my more ignorant days. Before I learned better from you guys
                          Last edited by REB; 08-23-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Not really a brand new bag but after I shortened the loop on this xs ringside bag it goes a lot faster and feels really great now. I love the way it feels with the shorter loop, I just wish these guys that make speed bags would get a glue, (that a short loop makes for a smaller arc and in turn makes the bag faster)

Comment

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
                              Not really a brand new bag but after I shortened the loop on this xs ringside bag it goes a lot faster and feels really great now. I love the way it feels with the shorter loop, I just wish these guys that make speed bags would get a glue, (that a short loop makes for a smaller arc and in turn makes the bag faster)

So Ralph, what I am taking away from your loop post is; that the loop plays the major role in speed that can be generated with any bag. The length makes the difference..AH-Ha. What is the size of the Chicago screw you used?
                              Last edited by REB; 08-29-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X