• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ventanakaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lee Chapman View Post
    Hi

So I have been comparing some of my bags this week, and a couple of the guys asked for a video comparison and also made a suggestion that I lower the platform,. I did that and I have got about 30 minutes on it, but am starting to get annoyed with the noise, so I have pimped my swivel, by cutting into the top of the eye so I can get some cord through it, to allow me to replace the triangle caribeener with some string. (I found inspiration for the eye looking at one of msdeville's removable hooks, and the string on one of the vids here of the old style swivels).

Below is a video of me hitting the frankenswivel and some photos of cut into the swivel eye. Hopefully someone can make use of the info.

https://youtu.be/zNGH-bFi77U
    ...I've seen you vids and one of the major problems your having is with that swivel, i've talked about this before, and it's a much bigger problem with beginners. The problem is the lightweight (mass) of that plastic ball and lightweight cheap metal eyebolt/carabiner (S-hook) Now I use that same Everlast plastic base but I have a metal ball & S-hook in mine. The problem is that lightweight assembly in your swivel base tends to float a lot giving you a ton of trouble. I will post a pic of mine so you can see my assembly in my plastic everlast base.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by southtexaskevin 2.0 View Post
    Looks cool. Is the noise you are referring to the "ball" jumping, or was the caribiner making the noise? I know im nobody special, but try keeping your hands up, you are dropping them down near your chest and it's causing you to hit up instead of straight. I'm only suggesting because when I started someone said the same about me and it helped out alot.
    Your right, and your right, and your right.

I am hitting slightly upwards causing the ball to jump and also the caribeener is jumping.

I am working on keeping my hands up and hitting through the bag. I also downsized the bag last week so there's a lot going on at the moment.

Cheers
    L

Leave a comment:

• southtexaskevin 2.0
    replied
    Looks cool. Is the noise you are referring to the "ball" jumping, or was the caribiner making the noise? I know im nobody special, but try keeping your hands up, you are dropping them down near your chest and it's causing you to hit up instead of straight. I'm only suggesting because when I started someone said the same about me and it helped out alot.

Leave a comment:

• Lee Chapman
    started a topic Pimp my swivel

Pimp my swivel

Hi

So I have been comparing some of my bags this week, and a couple of the guys asked for a video comparison and also made a suggestion that I lower the platform,. I did that and I have got about 30 minutes on it, but am starting to get annoyed with the noise, so I have pimped my swivel, by cutting into the top of the eye so I can get some cord through it, to allow me to replace the triangle caribeener with some string. (I found inspiration for the eye looking at one of msdeville's removable hooks, and the string on one of the vids here of the old style swivels).

Below is a video of me hitting the frankenswivel and some photos of cut into the swivel eye. Hopefully someone can make use of the info.

https://youtu.be/zNGH-bFi77U
    Attached Files
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...
X