Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Kam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • George Kam

    https://youtu.be/YNA8Wjh4Cpk

  • #2


    See "Zen and the ART of the Speed Bag" by Genie Joseph, student of George and host of a local TV show.


    http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/special_people


    scroll down the above page.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...


    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      See "Zen and the ART of the Speed Bag" by Genie Joseph, student of George and host of a local TV show.
      Your page says it is available on DVD. Where do you get it ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by paranday View Post
        Your page says it is available on DVD. Where do you get it ?
        Try contacting Genie: http://www.geniejoseph.com/Welcome.html
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

        Comment


        • #5
          I had the district honor and privilege of meeting Mr Kam in 2013. I did get to spend 1-1/2 hr with a true gentleman, a dedicated teacher, a wise man, and a mentor to his students.

          It was remarkable how similar Mr. Kam and Alan sound when they are talking about the rhythmic sounds of the bag and their love of instructing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Biff View Post
            I had the district honor and privilege of meeting Mr Kam in 2013. I did get to spend 1-1/2 hr with a true gentleman, a dedicated teacher, a wise man, and a mentor to his students.

            It was remarkable how similar Mr. Kam and Alan sound when they are talking about the rhythmic sounds of the bag and their love of instructing.

            I still have the hand written letters he wrote to me years ago asking permission to copy some of the pages from my book to use in his speed bag room. When is the last time that ever happened? Hand written? Asking Permission? now that's old school. Then again, this man's first speed bag lessons were on Coconuts.


            Meeting him personally has been on my bucket list for a long time. I really need to make that commitment. Very Glad you did, Bif. That's a great picture of you both!
            Speed Bag

            Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...


            sigpic

            The Art of the Bag

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              I still have the hand written letters he wrote to me years ago asking permission to copy some of the pages from my book to use in his speed bag room. When is the last time that ever happened? Hand written? Asking Permission? now that's old school. Then again, this man's first speed bag lessons were on Coconuts.


              Meeting him personally has been on my bucket list for a long time. I really need to make that commitment.
              George is a true gentleman with a huge heart. Alan, by the time I took his class (2001), he was lending out your book to his graduates, for inspiration and advanced training. I vote for you to make that commitment a.s.a.p.! Meet you there...
              Last edited by speedbag4life; 04-03-2015, 03:04 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's an accompanying article in the Honolulu Star Bulletin. Not nearly as much there as in this video, but great to see him in print!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by speedbag4life; 04-03-2015, 03:01 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
                  There's an accompanying article in the Honolulu Star Bulletin. Not nearly as much there as in this video, but great to see him in print!
                  I see you peeking back there!
                  Speed Bag

                  Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...


                  sigpic

                  The Art of the Bag

                  Comment

                  Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...
                  X