• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Found some old footage!

I found footage of my old platform!
    (Note: If I didn't know any better, that looks like an original Deville Swivel on there!)

Here's the original thread with more information:

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Gotta love it !

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

You can almost hear that teacher saying:
      "Hit that bag Alan...Hit the bag...ataboy...you're going to be good one day!"

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

That brought back some memories. My senior high school had a striking bag set up in the equipment room. As I recall it was a Wilson rebound ring with a Wilson bag. I recall that I couldn't find the model number on the bag. It had probably been there since the school had been built, a good twenty years prior. It was flatter than a pancake and the PE teacher didn't want to go to the trouble of trying to fill out the paper work to get a new bladder for it. Besides I was a scrawny kid in those days and he didn't think a whole lot of me, other than to pick on me in front of the class....
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-25-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
          • Nov 2010

High School speed bag

I was telling Zaza a story that i believe relates to this video just about a month ago. I, being a personal trainer at a gym, talk to a lot of people on daily basis. And one day at the gym I was talking to this guy probably in his mid to late 60s about the speed bag and I wish I could remember what state he said he grew up in, but he said when he was younger in middle or high school or BOTH, it was a physical fitness requirement to be able to hit the speed bag in gym class. This video seems to be exactly that! I thought that was fascinating. Just add that to the list of the all the different scenarios and connections the speed bag has.

March 11th!!! Art of the Bag Premiere! Be there!!!

Comment

• rehamco1
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Aug 2013

better times

I sure would of liked to have a speedbag in high school but in my day that was an unthinkable thing for a girl. glad times have changed thanks for the post

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
              I was telling Zaza a story that i believe relates to this video just about a month ago. I, being a personal trainer at a gym, talk to a lot of people on daily basis. And one day at the gym I was talking to this guy probably in his mid to late 60s about the speed bag and I wish I could remember what state he said he grew up in, but he said when he was younger in middle or high school or BOTH, it was a physical fitness requirement to be able to hit the speed bag in gym class. This video seems to be exactly that! I thought that was fascinating. Just add that to the list of the all the different scenarios and connections the speed bag has.

March 11th!!! Art of the Bag Premiere! Be there!!!
              I think Fedora, right here in the forum mentioned that...and I believe that New York State was one of them.

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
              I sure would of liked to have a speedbag in high school but in my day that was an unthinkable thing for a girl. glad times have changed thanks for the post
              ...and yet there have been MANY female baggers throughout history...like Doris DeGreen in the 1940's!

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                I think Fedora, right here in the forum mentioned that...and I believe that New York State was one of them.
                I was born at a very early age in Brooklyn, New York. I left the state at 10 years old, but never hit a speed bag while there.

speed bag trivia.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  fedora

This is the bag that came with the NOS Lucky Dog Swivel. It is NOS as well. Super heavy duty bag.

Last edited by fedora; 02-26-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
                    Your trouble is that you are too young. Had you been born in the late 1800s,,,

`

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...