Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchman
    replied
    I'm familiar with a couple of the early rope swivels offered,and it appears that there were some minor improvements in the male half even before the conversion to eye and hook style. I would surmise that it was a relatively thing to do. It would be interesting to determine that the development of the eye and hook swivel was an answer to bags being fitted with loops, or did the loops
    appear in answer to the swivel, or was it a combined effort?

Leave a comment:

• spdyTommyT
    replied
    Not so sad anymore

Thanks ZA, Dutchman, Nah, Alan. Those swivels are awesome and have been one of my desires for awhile. I have more retro fits of these swivels which I am finding out that there were quite a few different models made by Nicols. I have three of them.
    Dutchman do you know all of the models?

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    Tommy, I'm impressed, nice piece of work.
    Tommy is a master craftsman with metal. Haven't found anything he can't build or fix. Not too shabby with wood, either!

Leave a comment:

• nah
    replied
    Risen

Nice work!
    It looks really nice.
    Only in speed bag forum ^!^

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Tommy, I'm impressed, nice piece of work.

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
    So, it's been awhile (kind of busy with the film and all)... but now.... she's back!
    Special thanks to the amazing Tommy T, who built a retro-fit shackle that has brought my vintage Nicol's swivel back from the dead. I like to call it my "Tommy T Zom B" swivel!

Thank you Tommy, my speed bag brother! It's SO nice to have the sound of this swivel ringing again.
    Just spent 2 hours beating this baby into submission...what a blast. Love this swivel! Thanks again Tommy for the fix.

Leave a comment:

• Skinner
    replied
    A bit late here...but nice swivel

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    So, it's been awhile (kind of busy with the film and all)... but now.... she's back!
    Special thanks to the amazing Tommy T, who built a retro-fit shackle that has brought my vintage Nicol's swivel back from the dead. I like to call it my "Tommy T Zom B" swivel!

Thank you Tommy, my speed bag brother! It's SO nice to have the sound of this swivel ringing again.

Leave a comment:

• nah
    replied
    problem solved!!!

YEY!!!
    Great place for healing~

Leave a comment:

• Zaza
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz
    ...the brass ball is to small for those swivels, besides that the softer brass would get chewed up. Hey zaza maybe you can see if the old rope swivel's ball that I sent you would work in that swivel, the ball should be the same size if I remember and just add a new rope to the ball
    I have other plans for that beauty!

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
    ZA,
    Seriously, why didn't you just e-mail me? I have that swiv plus a couple of other ones. I'm on it and, I will make that swiv a better one! I'v had plans in my head since I purchased my own Nichols. I just don't have a platform worthy of hanging it on. Your swiv, is the ball shot or can you reuse? Is the... I'll just call. I would appreciate the opportunity.
    Let me just say that Tommy T is AWESOME! He is going to fix me right up...a true brother of the bag. Thank you Tommy.

...and thank for all the kind comments, but she will live again!

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Zaza View Post

I guess 100 years or so of hitting really can take it's toll. My beautiful Nicol's No. 337 swivel broke on me during my workout the other day...bummer!

...now the search is on to fix this baby.
    Seek, and you shall find....

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
    ZA,
    Seriously, why didn't you just e-mail me? I have that swiv plus a couple of other ones. I'm on it and, I will make that swiv a better one! I'v had plans in my head since I purchased my own Nichols. I just don't have a platform worthy of hanging it on. Your swiv, is the ball shot or can you reuse? Is the... I'll just call. I would appreciate the opportunity.
    Tommy T to the rescue!

is this a great place or what...

Leave a comment:

• spdyTommyT
    replied
    ZA,

Leave a comment:

• rehamco1
    replied
    what a terrible thing to happen so sorry

Leave a comment:

• swfl
    replied
    Sorry for your loss Zaza.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrummer
    replied
    My condolences.
    Dee's brass ball and hook would look great in there if it fits!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...