• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedyGeezer
    replied
    My Platform - Home made

Not quite as nice as yours Florian 380

The platform is made of 2" thick oak and is attached by a flange and various pipes and fittings with a gusset welded to eliminate bounce. The fittings are spot welded and the assembly is painted. It attaches to a heavy bag stand with strut channel clamps.

Cheers to All and MR. Florian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpeedyGeezer; 06-01-2014, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe_Boxer
    replied
    Hey Florian 380
    I'm trying to build a platform similar to your but can't find anyone to cut the steel plate. Did you cut this out yourself?

Leave a comment:

• rybred
    replied
    Rad

Super cool setup man!

Leave a comment:

• florian 380
    replied
    Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    Wow. Nice job on the platform, florian. Great idea to use such a large sheet of steel plate over the drum. I'll bet it makes the drum more solid when punching. Nice swivel, too.
    Thank you Dee . yes its very solid
    I love the Swivels !!!!!!And the bag is my favorit one can't wait to get my packet from ralph !!!! Its already here i gonna pick it up friday at the customs

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    Wow. Nice job on the platform, florian. Great idea to use such a large sheet of steel plate over the drum. I'll bet it makes the drum more solid when punching. Nice swivel, too.

Leave a comment:

• florian 380
    replied
    Originally posted by ventanakaz
    i thought i replied to this one...anyway your setup is sweet, great job man and that platform looks solid, so do you use any weight on top ???...ralph
    yes i have 50 pounds sand on top because its not so loud i live in the 3rd floor
    in the video you can see the sand bags

Leave a comment:

• florian 380
    replied
    Originally posted by Olds455guy View Post
    Looks really good, I like how you made it adjustable. Did you buy the vertical tubing with the slot all ready cut? Nice work!
    no . i cut it in there . i built it like the Balazas Platform i only changed the thing where you
    screw the drum on . i took a 18 inch round steel plate

Leave a comment:

• Olds455guy
    replied
    Looks really good, I like how you made it adjustable. Did you buy the vertical tubing with the slot all ready cut? Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• AtTheCross
    replied
    nice build!

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrummer
    replied
    Very nice setup!

Protect your retinas but be very careful if you wear glasses, as Alan emphasizes in his videos and book.

I forgot my sunglasses once on a 45-minute business flight to view an automated picking and distribution system for electronic parts (I LOVE that stuff), but enjoyed the view from the window seat anyway. I was "snow blinded" upon landing and couldn't see a thing indoors for hours. They had to lead me around the factory until my eyeballs returned to normal at Happy Hour, where they promptly started spinning counter-clockwise.

You're going to be giving the bag the “thousand-yard-stare” with the sunlight right behind it. You’ll see it with your eyes closed if you're not careful.

Enjoy the journey.....
    Last edited by PunchDrummer; 01-06-2013, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AugustChief
    replied
    Very nice setup.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Beautiful set up!

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Very nice work indeed ! Why didn't we make speed bag platforms in high school shop class?

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    This is the first installation that I can recall that actually spans a window.
    Can be done. This platform is at work, on an unheated back porch. A better window with a great view would make for some interesting bagging.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied
    Really nice work! I'm impressed. This is the first installation that I can recall that actually spans a window.

Leave a comment:

• florian 380
    started a topic New Set Up

New Set Up

My Platform is done finaly !!!!!!!!
    Special thanks to Ms. Deville for the great service !!!! Thank you so much
    I love the Swivels and the Bag
    Thank you to all the Members of the Speed Bag Forum !! Everything i know about bagging i learned here !!! Thank you

Now i have to practice a little bit ......
    Attached Files
    Last edited by florian 380; 01-03-2013, 08:44 AM.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...