X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
    I agree on the spinning backfist, that has an extendable range, and can cause damage with the forearm. I'm talking about the spinning elbow strike. It has a small margin for error.
    Yes, it should only be done it close quarters. But when the opportunity exists, it's devasting.

How to example 1

How to Tae Kwondo

how to Tae Kwondo 2

Budo sample

Say good night gracie... (watch Blue trunks at :08sec)

ouch! not spinning but check out 2:00min. Devasting outward Elbow strike (going somewhat upward).

I think the speed bag is an excellent tool for working in close elbow strikes. Outwards, inward, Downward, all can be used in close with timing and distance.

Leave a comment:

• Inkspill
    replied
    I agree on the spinning backfist, that has an extendable range, and can cause damage with the forearm. I'm talking about the spinning elbow strike. It has a small margin for error.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkspill View Post
    good luck catching someone with one! pretty impractical in a fight.
    From my own experience in training and watching, Spinning moves are pretty common in most styles of martial arts.

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
    The element of surprise, you wouldn't even see it coming. Could call it the Tasmanian Devil.
    In the right situation, that is correct. It is hard to see coming. They don't call it the Tasmanian Devil though, they call it a spinning back fist.

Use in Muay Thai Training

The spinning back fist can deliver Tremendous power when done correctly.

you might ask Estevan Payan, who gets clocked by a left spinning backfist at 13 secs.

or daron cruickshank at .45sec If you don't see it you will certainly hear it. WHAM!

It's all in the timing and correctly judging the distance.
    Last edited by Speedbag; 02-19-2011, 06:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedBagScissorhands
    replied
    lmfaooo MD/ you guys crack me up. weathers starting to break in jersey - i hope to get back out on my tree instead of the gym! X

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
    The element of surprise, you wouldn't even see it coming. Could call it the Tasmanian Devil.
    ...Or The Jersey Devils...Or better yet: THE SCISSOR'S TWISTERS! Oh yeah that works!

Leave a comment:

• PIEFURZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Inkspill
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    You know it must be snowin' in Jersey because the TREE was nowhere to be seen Good vid scissor. Looked like some POWER SPINS ... probably knock somebody out with those.
    good luck catching someone with one! pretty impractical in a fight.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    You know it must be snowin' in Jersey because the TREE was nowhere to be seen Good vid scissor. Looked like some POWER SPINS ... probably knock somebody out with those.

Leave a comment:

• sparrky37
    replied
    That swivel needs some serious lube!

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Unreal......just simply unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Inkspill
    replied
    That's impressive. lol you seem to be quite the character.

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    Originally posted by SpeedBagScissorhands View Post
    thanks guys! i really look foward to spring so i can get back outside on my tree!

Hey Adam, one of my favorite videos of yours is the one where you're speed bagging outside on your tree on a sunny day... in the ice and snow! I think it was from last winter. I'm still trying to figure out how you stayed standing after doing those spins!
    Last edited by MsDeville; 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fingers
    replied
    !!NICE!! Scissorhands.....fastest guns in the west!

Leave a comment:

• SpeedBagScissorhands
    replied
    thanks guys! i really look foward to spring so i can get back outside on my tree!
    Last edited by SpeedBagScissorhands; 01-14-2011, 05:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• novaspeedbagger
    replied
    Awesome Baggin SBS! Killer spin moves!

Leave a comment:

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...