X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedbag
    replied
    Originally posted by paranday View Post
    This is so true. I have an ongoing Google alert on the term "speed bag" and these kinds of stories pop up. Here's a recent one from a nun:

"...Sister Barbara Jean Laughlin’s father, a former boxer, kept a speed bag in the basement. As a girl, the future nun showed agility with her fists.

“He didn’t worry about me when I started to date,” she says. “He told me, ‘You can just give him a quick right if he gets too fresh.'"

You never forget the bag. Once bagged, always bagged.

I LIKE IT! Good Phrase.

Leave a comment:

• paranday
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Now there is the pure joy of speed bagging. She'll be telling people all her life about the memories of her dad teaching her the speed bag.
    This is so true. I have an ongoing Google alert on the term "speed bag" and these kinds of stories pop up. Here's a recent one from a nun:

"...Sister Barbara Jean Laughlin’s father, a former boxer, kept a speed bag in the basement. As a girl, the future nun showed agility with her fists.

“He didn’t worry about me when I started to date,” she says. “He told me, ‘You can just give him a quick right if he gets too fresh.'"

You never forget the bag. Once bagged, always bagged.

Leave a comment:

• Speedbag
    replied
    Now there is the pure joy of speed bagging. She'll be telling people all her life about the memories of her dad teaching her the speed bag.

Love the kid vids. They are the next generation and just so darn cute.

Great video, MD.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    That's great MD, gotta start them young!

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    replied
    Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
    That was awesome MD! She was getting her timing down by the end of the clip.
    Maybe you and BT could get your daughters together on the truck somtime doing
    a double baggin' routine, it would be serioiusly cool!
    That would be crazy!

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
    Very cool Metaldad!
    Family style baggin'! Gotta dig it!
    Some people would think we are all insane! haha....
    Ain't it great? Yes we are all insnae but this type of insanity I like!

Originally posted by biguglybear View Post
    I think I've got some competition! I better get to work.
    Better look out! She'd got a mean right cross!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    By George, I think she's got it!

Great little practice session there, MD. If she plays some tunes with a good solid beat, she'll be owning that bag in no time!
    Yes she will! I'm hoping to get her and her brother out with me more often. The baby still isn't ready yet!

Originally posted by deano View Post
    hey MD,brings back memories,did the same with my kids.The oldest girl has just
    moved back home after 3yrs and has been out in the shed a couple of times.its
    like riding a bike, you dont forget ,just a bit rusty.hope your little one keeps at it
    makes for a good father daughter thing.deano
    Thanks deano! It really does make for some quality time together! their faces light up when I tell them to put on their shoes and come with me! Gets them away from the WII!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
    MD, I think it's great you're getting your kids interested at such an early age. It's a great way to have dad-kid time and get a little exercise at the same time. You have a great looking family (well, except maybe for Dad )
    Thanks Biff. Hey, somebody had to break the ugly curse!

Leave a comment:

• Biff
    replied
    MD, I think it's great you're getting your kids interested at such an early age. It's a great way to have dad-kid time and get a little exercise at the same time. You have a great looking family (well, except maybe for Dad )

Leave a comment:

• deano
    replied
    memories

hey MD,brings back memories,did the same with my kids.The oldest girl has just
    moved back home after 3yrs and has been out in the shed a couple of times.its
    like riding a bike, you dont forget ,just a bit rusty.hope your little one keeps at it
    makes for a good father daughter thing.deano

Leave a comment:

• MsDeville
    replied
    By George, I think she's got it!

Great little practice session there, MD. If she plays some tunes with a good solid beat, she'll be owning that bag in no time!

Leave a comment:

• biguglybear
    replied
    I think I've got some competition! I better get to work.

Leave a comment:

• spinsmashpop
    replied
    Very cool Metaldad!
    Family style baggin'! Gotta dig it!
    Some people would think we are all insane! haha....

Leave a comment:

• TJ_MaTee
    replied
    That was awesome MD! She was getting her timing down by the end of the clip.
    Maybe you and BT could get your daughters together on the truck somtime doing
    a double baggin' routine, it would be serioiusly cool!

Leave a comment:

• metaldad
    started a topic Next in line

Next in line

Had to get my oldest in on the fun. I think a trend is starting.

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...